PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Carribean Beach Vacation

jillluvsdisney
02-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Feb 1-6

This was our first time at CB and we loved it. We had 2 rooms in Matinique building 23.

We were right between the Matinique and Barbados pools. Spent time at both. We hit the jackpot with the weather. It was at least 75 every day, sunny and never rained.

We didn't go to any parks this trip. This gave us a chance to relax and just enjoy the resort. Several games of Scrabble at the pools, swimming, napping on the beach in a hammock :cloud9:, campfire on the beach and outdoor movie at Old Port Royale. It was all fabulous.

We grabbed muffins and fruit each night so we could have breakfast in our rooms each morning. We did eat a few meals at the food court. I liked the set up and enjoyed the options. Every cast member couldn't have been nicer or friendlier.

There was a dance competition going on but it seemed like all the teams were staying on the other side of the resort. They were always well behaved and courteous when they were around.
I think there were as many chaperones and dancers.

We did play mini golf twice at Winterland and Fantasia Gardens. I also went on Characters in Flights at DTD. That was really cool. We also took a drive to Lake Wales and went to Bok Tower Gardens. Sunday morning we went to the Gospel Brunch at HOB.

wildernesslady
02-07-2012, 12:25 PM
It is amazing how much there is to do without going to the parks. Sounds like you came home relaxed and rested.

buzznwoodysmom
02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
What a wonderful, nonpark, vacation you seem to have had. We always spend tons of time outside the parks on our trips, and there really is as much to do aside from the parks, as there is in the parks.

We have these "leftover" water park tickets that haven't yet expired. We keep saying that maybe we should take a short, nonpark, trip this summer. Just to get away, enjoy some great meals, go to the waterparks, take in a movie, play mini golf (some of the things we've never done in WDW), and just relax at a very slow pace! One of the resorts my kids would want to stay at if we did this is CBR. They love that resort!

coloradowendyl
02-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Sounds wonderful!
Glad you had such a nice time!

vizsla
02-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
02-08-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm not sure I'd be able to be so close to the parks and not visit at least one. Glad you enjoyed your time at your resort only vacation!

jillluvsdisney
02-09-2012, 04:04 PM
The original plan was to spend 1 day at MK and see the ELP. When I found out it would not be performed during our trip, we just scrapped MK all together. I thought it would be tough too but I've always wanted to do stuff around the resorts and just chill so I don't feel like I missed anything. We did have dinner one night at Kona and saw Wishes from the beach. Life can never haqve enough fireworks.