PDA

View Full Version : La Hacienda- Excellent!

DVC2004
02-06-2012, 02:00 PM
We are back from our quick trip/cruise last week and I have to comment on La Hacienda de San Angel at Epcot. It was our first time trying it and we had 8:15pm dinner reservations. They were able to honor our request of a window seat. :)

We thought it was excellent. We shared Queso Fundido (melted cheese with chorizo and peppers, with tortillas) which was very good. For our meal we shared the platter for two with steak, chicken and chorizo sausages. It also came with black beans, rice, tortillas, and some mexican style creamed type corn. We loved this and it was plenty for 2. We skipped dessert because we were too full. My husband had the avacado margarita and he raved about that, which is funny because he hates avacados normally. I sipped it and had sort or a banana flavor I thought. They also gave chips with two salsas, a mild green and a spicy, smokey red. Both were good. The chips were light too and good though not served warm.

Finally, the fireworks. We had a pefect view of Illuminations and they dimmed the lights and piped in the narrative and music. It was a great experience to be so close. The host said people come as early as 6 pm for dinner and stay for the show (I found odd that someone would wait 3 hours in the restaurant?).

If you like Mexican food, go. It's very nice. the ambiance inside is also very warm and inviting with dim lights, and beautiful light fixtures like glass balls and stars. We enjoyed it!

BrerGnat
02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the review! I've wanted to eat here for awhile. Maybe next trip.

Melanie
02-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I love this restaurant and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite Epcot eateries.

Thanks for your review and glad you had such a nice experience. That platter sounds yummy.

SBETigg
02-06-2012, 03:23 PM
They also serve the avocado margarita at Cava del Tequila. I love avocado, but didn't like that one-- does oddly taste like banana. But I do want to try Hacienda, thanks for the review.

DVC2004
02-06-2012, 03:35 PM
They also serve the avocado margarita at Cava del Tequila. I love avocado, but didn't like that one-- does oddly taste like banana. But I do want to try Hacienda, thanks for the review.

Yes, actually we had stopped by Cava earlier that day and our server gave us a free sample of the avacado margarita to try. My husband really liked it, and he loves banana flavored anything. Not an overwhelming flavor of banana, just a mild underlying taste. It did not taste like I expected. Not a bad taste...just not expected. Isn't that funny, the banana notes to that drink, I was thinking maybe because avacados have to ripen too so maybe they use not-quite-ripe avacados for a sweeter taste. :marg:

Melanie
02-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh, I love, love, love the avacado margarita. :marg:

wildernesslady
02-07-2012, 12:39 PM
La Hacienda is delicious. We loved it there and you the Illuminations view is great. I will definitely have to try the avocado margarhita. Sounds yummy.

Polynesian Dweller
02-07-2012, 04:39 PM
It's become one of our favorites too! Everything was cooked to perfection. Can't wait to go back.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Sounds delish:mickey:

January-2007
02-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the review!