PDA

View Full Version : ME Question

Ms. Mode
02-06-2012, 10:39 AM
My DH and are a thinking about flying to WDW in the fall since it will be just the two of us (first time ever) and we would want to use ME. Can anyone tell me if it matters which airline you fly in on? Also, the airport is Orlando, Sanford...right?

Sorry, I know these seem like dumb questions but I'm having issues finding the info.

Thanks! :mickey:

Ricbr
02-06-2012, 10:53 AM
I believe these are the airlines that participate in the Magical Express program....

-- AirTran Airways
-- Alaska Airlines
-- American Airlines
-- Continental Airlines
-- Delta Air Lines
-- JetBlue Airways
-- Northwest Airlines
-- Southwest Airlines
-- United Air Lines
-- US Airways

The airport in Orlando is Orlando International Airport (MCO).

Patricia
02-06-2012, 11:05 AM
You can use any airlines to ride.. the ones that participate are the ones that will transfer your luggage for you. If your airline isn't listed you can still collect your own luggage and ride ME.
Still book in advance though..

You want to fly into Orlando International Airport, MCO.

Have fun.. it's a different kind of trip as a couple.

PopPhan
02-06-2012, 11:24 AM
DME service is from/to Orlando International Airport (MCO [McCoy])...Orlando - Sanford does NOT participate.

ALL airlines are OK for travel TO Orlando. You want to look for participating airlines from baggage handling BACK to the airport from your WDW Resort. This is referred to as Resort Check-In.

Enjoy your trip.

faline
02-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Wow! You're getting a bunch of information that's conflicting so let's try and sort this out.

Magical Express runs only from Orlando International Airport to Disney Resorts. It does not run fron Sanford airport which is in a different location.

Anyone who flies into Orlando International Airport and has a reservation at a Disney resort can use Magical Express on the day they are checking into a Disney resort.. If your flight arrives before 10 in the evening, you can have your luggage transported for you. It does not matter which airline you use. However, you do need to be riding on the Magical Express bus in order to take advantage of the luggage transfer option. If your flight arrives later in the evening, you can still take the Magical Expres bus but you will need to stop at the luggage carousel, pick up your bags, and bring them with you.

On the way back to the airport, it does matter which airline you are flying. You will need to be on a participating airline to have your luggage transported back to the airport for you. However, on the way back to the airport, you do NOT need to be riding the Magical Express bus to the airport to have your luggage transported. The airline checkin desk opens at 5 in the morning and your flight needs to be at least 3 hours after you check your luggage in order to use this service so if you have a 6 a.m. flight out of Orlando, you'll need to bring your luggage on the bus with you and check it at the airport.

If you are using the Magical Express bus to return to the airport (which goes only to Orlando International and not to Sanford), you will have an assigned pickup time which is approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight. Be sure to be on time for your bus as you might not be able to get on an earlier or later bus.

Do be sure to make your Magical Express reservations in advance.

Hope this helps clears things up.

More information here. (http://intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/magicalexpress/default.asp)

CleveRocks
02-08-2012, 04:21 PM
the ones that participate are the ones that will transfer your luggage for you. If your airline isn't listed you can still collect your own luggage and ride ME.

The above quote is incorrect. Everyone on EVERY airline gets the automatic luggage delivery on arrival day (as long as you land before 10 p.m.).

Everything faline wrote out in the post above is 100% correct.