PDA

View Full Version : Itinerary Lock Down - Feedback Please!

disneykidsince1970
02-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi experts!! My Intercot countdown clock says we are at 65 days and...itinerary is mostly done...and I am very interested in feedback! We aren't too late to make changes..

CAST of 9:
My fam (D-FAM) - me (41), DH (45, only a half-convert, relunctantly gets magical on property), DD, amost 7, DS, just turned 5, my sister Nikki - 38 , Tampa resident and co-author of the below itinerary...and more of a Disney expert than me! :mickey:

We will be meeting...

My husband's sisters fam (G-FAM): Sis in law, 38, her hubby, 39, their kids - boy, 12 and girl, turngin 10.

We live in Europe and this will be our 2nd annual trip with my husbands' sisters' family (lives in NC). This is the only time in the year that we see them - We actually aren't very close but this annual trip is an effort to ensure the kids develop a connection and that the grownups have the opp to do the same!

The girls both have bdays w/i 2 weeks of our being there so it is a bday celebration too.

PLANNING NOTES:
We will do breakfast in the room each day - thinking it allows quality QT for all of us, is cheaper, and will be fun for the 12 yo to cook as he recenlty has gotten into cooking for his family!.. We planned some firm lunch/dinner ADRs during the day for my hubby who gets very grumpy w/o timely eating and altho he gets into the spirit while we are there... can be jolted to non-magical feelings if not fed in a timely manner! This also ensures that we have specific opps for the 9 of us to sit together at specific points during the day.

We are planning that b/c of the difference in the kids ages, it is likely that we'll split up in the afternoon and we are okay with that.

We will prob NOT be doing WDW transport. Call me a snob but I only get to go once/year and for a short time and if I can avoid a wait time, I will. ...which means that we will be springing for taxi service almost everywhere (except to/from MK and to/from Hoop and where a monorail will take us) - if anyone has secret tips, I"m interested!

WHEN/WHERE
April 12 - 16, BLT (renting points) in a 2 bedroom villa. It will be cozy! Our younger ones will be in the master with us on blowup beds. My sister will be on the pull out sofa. The in-law family in the other room.

WHAT?
G-FAM arrives morning of Thurs, April 12th and will entertain themselves that day. We arrive early evening on 12th. They will do Magical Journeys and we will do taxi service (last year we did MJ and it took forever!!... or, it didn't but we are impatient).

I will order groceries via GardenGrocer - water, breakfast items, snack items and some emergency dinner options.

We will have a birthday cake delivered for the girls that afternoon and super cool Auntie Nikki ordered a special banner to hang in the room!

We have "Kids Night Out" ordered for 8pm to watch the kids as they will be exhausted...and to allow 1 adult eve - we have CaliGrill reservations for 9:20! It will have been a big travel day for everyone and I thought a nice glass of wine/sushi or late appetizer/light supper would be nice to kick us off. :beer::marg: I am lamenting that we won't do fireworks first night with kiddos but I think the 2 younger ones will be asleep anyway...

Fri, 13th -
breakfast in room -

Then, either walk to MK for a quick FantasyLand ride/two OR... Taxi right to the Studios.

Lunch is SciFi ADR for 12:25.

Open afternoon for Studios, Pool, MK, etc.

Dinner is 7p at HoopDeeDoo. After dinner is fireworks at FWilderness if we are up for it.

Sat., 14th
Breakfast in the room

8:30 am Bippety Boppety Boutique for my DD

10am Pirate Exp for my DS

I know DH will want to see the first few minutes of the BBB experience (as will all the other female members of the group) and then, all the boys can do FantasyLand until 10Pirate Exp. The girls meet up at Pirates to watch DS finish off his Pirate experience.

I am thinking PotC and Junglc Cruise after that...and then...

Lunch at Libert Tree Tavern - ADR at 11:30.

MK or Pool rest of the day. DS will definitely need a nap b/c we have

Dinner ADR at o"Hana's at 5p.

Plan to go back to MK afterwards and then, the Wishes Dessert party! (still need to book, as it isn't loaded for reservations yet)

*This will be a LOOONG day. I am not excited about the crowds after Wishes - we usually camp out on Main St near the exit for a quick get away but won't be able to do that if we at Tomorrow Land Terrace for the premium viewing spot. I will hope that my two will fall asleep in the Disney strollers (is that actually possible as they look so uncomfortable!) and we can all wait out the crowd w/o cramming ourselves down Main St.

Sun, 15th
Breakfast in Room

Head to Epcot

12:00 Two Dads and 12 yo DS go to Richard Petty to drive (and watch) Ferraris

Lunch for the rest of us (girls and youngest DS) have lunch in Mexico (San Angel) with our 11:30 ADR

Dads meet us back in Epcot (or pool, depending on how tired everyone is and the weather)

Dinner ADR at Yachtsman Steakhouse over at Yacht and Beach (take taxi) at 5:30pm (where I will enjoy a fine steak and glass of wine before we head home to where we live with mediocre and overpriced steaks)

Head back to Epcot for last eve (or the room for tired campers, or Downtown Disney perhaps?)

Mon, 16th
Breakfast in Room

early departure to MCO for D Fam (me)

afternon departure for MCO for G Fam (in-laws)

Thanks guys... we are super excited and would love any feedback on the plan - good, bad, suggestions, "Have you thought of...?", etc.!!

faline
02-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Sounds like you've got something to please everyone in your group!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Great planning! :thumbsup:

I would be sure to be flexible, there will be some things that don't work quite as well as planned, or people who decide to do something different/on their own and that's OK too!

For things that are pre-paid, etc, be sure everyone knows that they are important, vs the things that can be changed as the trip progresses.

Have a great time! :mickey:

Katzateer
02-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Sounds like a great trip- hope everyone has a good time!

Some of our most magical moments after the fireworks are sitting and people watching and waiting for the crowds to thin out. After your dessert party and fireworks relax and soak up the charm of MK at night while the crowds are leaving the park.

yjgirl32
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM
All looks good to me- have a great time.

hauntedmansiongirl
02-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Looks like you'll have a great time! Enjoy the Cali Grill! It's one of our favourite restaurants in the whole entire world (not just at WDW!). :mickey: