PDA

View Full Version : MCO Question

Julie_Mouse
02-06-2012, 12:42 AM
We are a large party arriving at MCO on 2 different flights - some people arriving at Terminal A and some people arriving at Terminal B, but only about 20 mins apart (if the air travel gods cooperate!). We want to meet up before catching a shuttle to our rental car agency, so what is the easiest way to do this?

I was looking at MCO maps on the website and I'm a bit confused. It looks like we arrive on level 3, so then we would all have to go down and pick somewhere to meet up on level 2? I think the shuttle will pick us up on level 1, but IIRC you have to go up to level 2 to switch from the A-B side of level 1... it's been a while since I was there! Is there anyone with better knowledge of MCO who can advise? Sorry if this is confusing. Many thanks in advance! :mickey:

Scar
02-06-2012, 07:40 AM
I would just meet at the food court. Usually plenty of seats and you can grab a snack while waiting.
We want to meet up before catching a shuttle to our rental car agency, so what is the easiest way to do this?What rental agency are you using? All the big ones are right in the airport, no shuttle necessary.

BrerGnat
02-06-2012, 09:02 AM
If you don't want to go as far as the food court, you can just meet in the large central area between the A and B sides. This is where the Disney Earport Store and the Universal Studios Store are located.

You will land at the gate, and take the monorail to the main terminal. The monorail will let you off right at the security checkpoint, which is in this large center area. There are plenty of places to sit while you wait.

You will have to go down to level 1 to get to the rental car counters and/or any ground transportation. Level 2 is the baggage claim level, so you'll have to stop there first.

The BEST bet, honestly, since everyone will have to get bags, is to just plan to meet at the rental car counter. Even the agencies that have shuttles have counters in the terminal, I believe.

All the ground transportation is on the same side of level 1, so everyone will end up there eventually.

minnie-mouse
02-06-2012, 09:46 AM
You can all meet at the rental car counters.

Julie_Mouse
02-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks everyone.

We are using Sixt for our rental cars, and I'm fairly certain they don't have a counter in the airport (I think I read somewhere that's why they are usually cheaper than the other agencies). I imagine we'll have to catch the shuttle somewhere down on level 1 where all the other rental car agencies are located, so probably best to meet down there anyway.

Ed
02-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Having worked at MCO for the last ten years, I feel somewhat qualified to clarify a few things.

We are a large party arriving at MCO on 2 different flights - some people arriving at Terminal A and some people arriving at Terminal B, but only about 20 mins apart (if the air travel gods cooperate!). We want to meet up before catching a shuttle to our rental car agency, so what is the easiest way to do this?

I was looking at MCO maps on the website and I'm a bit confused. It looks like we arrive on level 3, so then we would all have to go down and pick somewhere to meet up on level 2? I think the shuttle will pick us up on level 1, but IIRC you have to go up to level 2 to switch from the A-B side of level 1... it's been a while since I was there! Is there anyone with better knowledge of MCO who can advise? Sorry if this is confusing. Many thanks in advance! :mickey:

The "Terminal A/Terminal B" thing confuses a lot of people. (They really ought to change the terminology to "SideA" and "Side B". :shrug: ) They are both in the exact same huge building. Terminal A is simply the North side of the building, and Terminal B is the South side.

The only way you can get from A to B is via the third floor; the airport's loading dock is between the sides on the first floor and is a restricted area, and all the baggage sorting equipment, baggage tugs and miles of conveyor belts are between the sides on the second floor - - also a restricted area.

If you don't want to go as far as the food court, you can just meet in the large central area between the A and B sides. This is where the Disney Earport Store and the Universal Studios Store are located.

You will land at the gate, and take the monorail to the main terminal. The monorail will let you off right at the security checkpoint, which is in this large center area. There are plenty of places to sit while you wait.

You will have to go down to level 1 to get to the rental car counters and/or any ground transportation. Level 2 is the baggage claim level, so you'll have to stop there first.

The BEST bet, honestly, since everyone will have to get bags, is to just plan to meet at the rental car counter. Even the agencies that have shuttles have counters in the terminal, I believe.

All the ground transportation is on the same side of level 1, so everyone will end up there eventually.

Not quite that simple, unfortunately. :nono:

The security checkpoint you are referring to only serves Southwest, AirTran, Delta and a few international airlines, encompassing gates 60 through 129. This is designated as the East Checkpoint.

At the opposite end of the building is - - you guessed it - - the West Checkpoint, gates 1 through 59. It serves United, Continental, USAir, Spirit, American, and a few smaller airlines and internationals.

There are lobbies outside both checkpoints. The one BrerGnat is referring to is at the East checkpoint. There's a big water fountain in the middle of this lobby, and the Hyatt Hotel is there. At the West end, the lobby is smaller and split between the A and B sides.

And there are Disney and Universal stores in BOTH lobbies. :crazy:

Now, I'll really throw a curveball.

There are duplicate car rental counters on the first floor of BOTH the A and B sides, and shuttle buses pick up on both sides, except for Magical Express, which is only on the B side.

Sixt does not have a counter on site; you do need to take a shuttle bus to their facility. Call them to determine exactly which side and space number they pick up from.

Confused yet ? :D

The best suggestion anyone has mentioned so far is for everyone to meet at the food court, which is dead center in the airport, halfway between East and West and halfway between A and B on the third floor. And if you're still lost, there are information booths that can provide directions and page people in both lobbies.