PDA

View Full Version : A mouse ate my Mickey sprinkles!!

TheVBs
02-04-2012, 05:50 PM
:mad:

I kid you not. We know that mice come in when it gets cold, but we've rarely ever seen one (and when we did the cat had usually done it in), and nothing had ever been eaten. Until now! I ordered a small bag of each color combo of Mickey sprinkles from Party Works and it ate every last one of them... leaving us a nice little pile of technicolor mouse poo instead.

I am so :mad:.

Itchy
02-04-2012, 07:33 PM
So! you know have a real mickey mouse in the house...?

darthmacho
02-04-2012, 08:12 PM
It probably saw the Mickey ears and thought it was for him.
Meanwhile, if you want to get rid of said beastie, a little peanut butter on a snap trap is your safest bet.

PirateLover
02-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Mice seem to really like sweet stuff. At my parents' place, mice have gotten into M&M bags, the actual sugar, and most recently a bag of dog treats (peanut butter flavor!) I feel your pain.

Fangorn
02-04-2012, 10:20 PM
He was probably an Occupy Wall Street mouse and jealous of the more successful members of the species. ;)

Steve
:mickey:

TheVBs
02-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Thanks Darth. I'm half considering that. I was never bothered by the occasional seasonal house guest, but the treaty has been violated.

You don't know how long I've wanted Mickey sprinkles. For the longest time, I just assumed you couldn't buy them. Never saw them in the stores there or any stores here. Then found out you can buy them at Goofy's, but they were sold out on our last trip. Finally found out from a wonderful Intercotee that I could order them online. Finally got my Mickey sprinkles!

DH thinks it's hysterical. A couple months ago we discovered while trying to shove DD11's foot into a riding boot that it didn't fit because it had been filled with birdseed while they were in the basement. THAT was funny. This one I'm not laughing about.

MNNHFLTX
02-05-2012, 01:10 PM
While I empathize with your sentiments, the irony in your story is priceless. :mickey:

disneymomma2010
02-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Ahaha how ironic! :mickey: That's funny. Although I would not be amused if I were you either. A few months ago we had a visiter also and we named him mickey, which kind of made me sad when it met its doom. :(..just because I named him mickey

TheVBs
02-09-2012, 12:37 PM
I think I'm almost over it. Almost. I don't think I would have been nearly as upset if they weren't almost all full. But I do get that it's funny, even if I haven't laughed about it yet. I will though, eventually! Haven't been able to bring myself to order more yet, but obviously when I do I'll put them in something more secure than a ziplock bag.

Cjsmom1811
02-10-2012, 09:37 AM
I say the cat did it.

TinkerbellT421
02-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Awww sorry he ate your Mouse sprinkles! It is sorta ironic/funny. lol I didnt chuckle, but I would be a little disappointed to. I may be wanting to order some of those myself for some future baking adventures, where did you get yours?

But on a serious note, I know mice are cute, I even had one as a pet, in a cage for a while, that I saved from an acquaintance I met that originally bought it to feed to his snake, well after meeting the mouse I refused to allow him to feed it to his snake so I made him give it to me. But mice in the house are dangerous, they LOVE insulation and wiring, they will chew through wires in the walls, you should maybe think of getting a now kill trap and getting it out before it could possibly cause an electrical fire.

hoop de do
02-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Did he have a big smile and even bigger ears?
If so I know where to find him and get your sprinkles back. :mickey::tasty:
Thanks for sharing.

TheVBs
02-11-2012, 07:55 AM
I ordered them online from The Party Works. Put the name all together and add the .com and you'll get to their site.

Tinkerbell, I know you're right about the mouse problem. I don't think we can avoid addressing it now. :(

Ian
02-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Ha ... we've been visited this year by a couple of Mickey's cousins, as well.

In fact, I spent Thursday morning chasing one around our master bathroom after my near-hysterical wife found this poor, confused, scared-out-of-his wits little field mouse in there.

Fortunately, I was able to snare him up and get him outside before our cat ate him, which is the fate that befell the one we had last week. ;)

TinkerbellT421
02-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Ha ... we've been visited this year by a couple of Mickey's cousins, as well.

In fact, I spent Thursday morning chasing one around our master bathroom after my near-hysterical wife found this poor, confused, scared-out-of-his wits little field mouse in there.

Fortunately, I was able to snare him up and get him outside before our cat ate him, which is the fate that befell the one we had last week. ;)

lol!! Can I picture the screaming on a chair yelling "Kill it kill it" lol, that's what I do when I see a spider haha!!

They are so cute and can't help but feel bad when they have that "oh my, where do I go"look on them lol. My cats torture the spiders should have seen when he had a mouse in the house! Having two cats was like pinning the thing up against a wall torturing the poor thing. Only problem with letting a mouse outside the house is it will be back. Mice are magnificent creatures with problem solving, and he will remember how he came in the first time and just come in a second time, that's what ours did. Catch it and as silly as it sound drive it to a town over (if your close to another town) or at least far enough away where it will find a home somewhere in the woods or something. Happened to my friend a mouse came in the house once a week until finally she dropped it off somewhere else on her way to work.

TheVBs
02-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Happened to my friend a mouse came in the house once a week until finally she dropped it off somewhere else on her way to work.

That made me LOL!

TinkerbellT421
02-13-2012, 08:18 AM
lol hehe glad it helped cheer you up!

Did I also mention that my friends husband was insistent it was the same mouse and my friend refused to believe it, she was inisistent that they had a family of them living in her house (she's a huge germ-a-phob) until her husband used a black magic marker and made a line on the mouses back to prove to her it was the same one? lol Same thing happened to me, I was in Disney on vacation my mom called me in hysterics saying the cats found a mouse, so she caught it in a bucket and let it out outside, I told her it would be back, after all, that's what mice do. Sure enough two days later, the cats were insistent on scratching at the basement door. lol