PDA

View Full Version : Split Stay

mom2Z&A
02-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Hello :D

DH & I are planning our next trip to WDW without the kids (DS15 & DD9) this time. We're looking forward to taking a more relaxed trip through the world this go around. :marg::beer::eat::vacation:.

We're looking into doing a split stay between Grand Floridian and Boardwalk Inn. My question to all fellow Intercotees who have done a split stays, how have you booked your vacation packages and dining plans? And what lessons have you learned from doing such a trip involving split stays? We'll be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary while there. :cloud9:

I know a split stay may not sound relaxing to some but we've never stayed at GF and we also love staying within the Boardwalk area so we're trying to capture the best of both worlds on this trip. Looking to head down to WDW in early December.

I've gotten so many ideas and suggestions from Intercot discussions and topics over the years now...

:rocks:

faline
02-05-2012, 01:42 PM
In the not too distant past, we did a split stay between a moderate (French Quarter) and a deluxe (Wilderness Lodge). We had a free dining offer which we used on the first part of out stay - our dining credit ended at midnight on the day we checked into Wilderness Lodge so we were able to have a quick service lunch from Roaring Forks on the day we checked into Wilderness Lodge. At Wilderness Lodge, we stayed Club levl and, having the dining plan, in addition, would have been overkill.

If you do a package, I'd probably do it on the first portion of my stay so that I have my park tickets available right away.

Happy anniversary!