PDA

View Full Version : FQ or Coranado Springs?

Miss Tink 2
02-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Who has stayed at both FQ and Coranado Springs? Which of the 2 did you like the best and why? We have stayed at the FQ and really like the smallness of it, but have never stayed at the CSR and would like to know the differences. Decisions, decisions!!

faline
02-04-2012, 02:43 PM
I've stayed at both but would be hard presed to pick between the two as both are terrific resorts.

Since you're familiar with French Quarter, I won't address that resort except to not difference. Coronado Springs is much more spread out but even those that are farthest from the main building aren't a terrible walk to the main building. And, when you're farther from the main building, you're typically closer to the pool. The grounds are beautiful. The only transportation is via bus (no boat to Downtown from this location). The rooms are spacious and you have more of the amenities typically found in the deluxe category rather than the moderate.

drhama
02-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I love the FQ. Everything about it.
Nothing wrong with CS. Just not my favorite.
It's HUGE. Beautiful but does not have the cozy and warm feel of the FQ. It felt almost deserted when I stayed there. Guess there was no convention booked.
I also don't care for the sort of food court. Food is fine but too much like a table service place. I like the option to snag a quick bite at the resort. If I want a sit down meal I would choose a place at the parks.
One of my favorite things about the FQ is the river and the boat to DT.
I would always pick the FQ if I have the choice but really, you can't go wrong with anyplace at WDW.

Kenny1113
02-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Hands down FQ!!!!
Due to size and dining option. I really did not care for Pepper Market :(

xrayqueen
02-07-2012, 06:21 PM
We just got back from our 2nd stay at CSR. We loved it. Yes it is a huge resort, but our room was right near the pool and a bus stop. It worked out great for us. And when we left the parks to catch a bus home, we always got right on while other resorts had huge lines to get on theirs. But you could do the boat if you stayed elsewhere. We LOVE Pepper Market at CSR, food is wonderful! JMHO:D

c&d
02-08-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm definitely in the minority here but I didn't really enjoy FQ. I liked the size of it, but I didn't like the pool or the food court. It just didn't work for me.

I did love our stay at CSR. I loved the food court and that it had so many options for us. The quiet pool where I could swim laps, the main pool that never felt crowded. The bus service was probably the best we've had at WDW. I loved walking around the resort at night there were so many places to see.

ThanxForNoticin
02-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Another vote for CS. We really like that resort. You're not crowded, the pool is really nice, and the Pepper Market is one of our favorite places to eat.

MNNHFLTX
02-09-2012, 05:43 PM
French Quarter and Coronado Springs are about as different as two resorts can be at WDW (okay, the Grand Floridian and All Star resorts are even more so, I guess!)

I much prefer Coronado Springs. It doesn't just feel like a hotel, but a destination within itself. And the CS pool is gigantic compared to FQ (and don't forget that the hot tub at CS is equally big--the largest at any resort in WDW). The Pepper Market has a good variety of food, but I will admit that I don't care for the policy of having you tip just for beverage service.

And don't forget that they have a fitness center at CS. Another plus if you feel like working out while on vacation (not something I usually do when I'm there, but I thought I would throw that in there).