PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animations Resort

Miss Tink 2
02-04-2012, 12:38 PM
What are the rooms like at this new resort? Are they all suites?

Fangorn
02-04-2012, 12:58 PM
My understanding is that only one of the 9 buildings will have standard rooms. The rest will all be suites.

Steve

WDW*Dreamer
02-04-2012, 09:35 PM
This is a great question. I have a trip booked in May for Art of Animation with my family of 4, and this year we're letting our two teenagers each bring a friend. I'm concerned the six of us will fit comfortably in a suite :crowd:. We don't need a lot of room. Just a place to crash each night.....but 4 teenagers can take up a lot of room!

I hope this larger group idea works out OK. In November we're expanding the group to 9 total and staying in a 2-bedroom villa at AKL.

forever a child
02-05-2012, 03:04 PM
This is a great question. I have a trip booked in May for Art of Animation with my family of 4, and this year we're letting our two teenagers each bring a friend. I'm concerned the six of us will fit comfortably in a suite :crowd:. We don't need a lot of room. Just a place to crash each night.....but 4 teenagers can take up a lot of room!

I hope this larger group idea works out OK. In November we're expanding the group to 9 total and staying in a 2-bedroom villa at AKL.

Hope you share your experience at the AA! Sounds like fun!

SuzieBell
02-05-2012, 03:41 PM
My understanding is that only one of the 9 buildings will have standard rooms. The rest will all be suites.

Steve

Thanks Steve - Wondering this too! We stayed at CBR in June and saw all the construction, but aren't the standard rooms "girlie" rooms? :confused: Don't think DS would enjoy.

Bubsy
02-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know when the Art of Animation will be be accepting reservations for the "standard rooms"?

I know that the suite reservations are beingf accepted.

Thanks and have a magical day!!

PopPhan
02-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Does anyone know when the Art of Animation will be be accepting reservations for the "standard rooms"?

I know that the suite reservations are beingf accepted.

Thanks and have a magical day!!

The Art of Animation standard ('single'?) rooms aren't scheduled to open until December 31st of this year. You can actually book 12/31 now. Since they do not have rates past 12/31/2012, I don't know how much good that will do you.

Just for giggles...I found this listing and thought it might be helpful for AoA planning....

May 31: Finding Nemo wing of Art of Animation Resort opens.
July 31: Cars wing of Art of Animation Resort opens.
September 30: The Lion King wing of Art of Animation Resort opens.
December 31: The Little Mermaid wing of Art of Animation Resort opens.

Wolf
02-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Are any of the Lion King rooms going to be normal (POP Century) Sized? I want to stay there soooooo bad seeing as Lion King is my fav Disney EVER!! *Points at Simba tattooed on my leg* but its always just me and Moma and goodness we don't need that much space lol

PopPhan
02-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Are any of the Lion King rooms going to be normal (POP Century) Sized? I want to stay there soooooo bad seeing as Lion King is my fav Disney EVER!! *Points at Simba tattooed on my leg* but its always just me and Moma and goodness we don't need that much space lol

Sorry. Only Little Mermaid buildings will be standard ('single'?) rooms.

Lizzie
03-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Anyone know if the pool will be zero entry and have a slide and hot tub?

chrim
03-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Anyone know if the pool will be zero entry and have a slide and hot tub?

Value resorts (such as the Art of Animation) do not provide hot tubs or pool slides. While I don't know for sure, I expect the feature pool at Art of Animation to have the zero entry feature, but I would not expect it at the other pools.

Here are some quotes from the WDW web site:

3 Pools

Disney's Art of Animation Resort has 3 swimming pools—a feature pool, The Big Blue Pool, complete with The Drop Off pool bar in the Finding Nemo courtyard, and two smaller pools including the Flippin' Fins Pool in The Little Mermaid courtyard and the Cozy Cone Pool in the Cars courtyard—"you auto take a dip!".

Playground

Children can climb, slide and play at the Righteous Reef playground located in the Finding Nemo courtyard or The Boneyard playground located in The Lion King courtyard.

The Schoolyard wet play area

Splash around a cool off in this interactive play area located in the Finding Nemo courtyard.