PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West or Saratoga Springs?

all4djcc
02-04-2012, 06:27 AM
We are heading down from 3/17 to 3/24. Family of 6. We have never stayed at either so I am wondering how the buses are, the resort food options and the pool. Any help is greatly appreciated.

disneynarula
02-07-2012, 08:25 AM
We are trying to decide the same thing.I can't speak for Old Key West but I have stayed at Saratoga Springs.

They have a really nice zero enty pool with a waterslide. It is somewhat new The pool was the best part of the resort. Artist's Point has some very nice food options. Our room was a little dated but still very nice. We did not eat at the TS place there. We really enjoyed our stay there.

Transporation was about the same as any other Disney Resort. It was our first stay at a Deluxe. I thought the transportation was better than at the moderates or values.

I have eated at OKW before and we loved Olivias. We walked around the resort and noticed the very nice landscaping.The pool is nice there too. I heard the rooms are bigger and newer at OKW but I can testify to that.

Checkers
02-07-2012, 08:36 PM
:mickey:We have stayed at both resorts (actually own at OKW) and they are both nice. We prefer OKW because of the larger rooms (renovated last year), Olivia's, and the boat to Downtown Disney. Let us know what you decide and have fun!

disneynarula
02-08-2012, 11:46 AM
I don't know about the OP but you sold me on OKW Checkers. What is the pool like?

RAIDER
02-14-2012, 03:17 AM
We plumped for the OKW this year over Saratoga, ( never stayed at either ) but the main reason we chose OKW was that the theming looked alot nicer ,the rooms were alot bigger and in general it seemed to have more of a disney feel ...Lets hope i am right :D

Quadstriker
02-17-2012, 05:07 PM
We stayed at both OKW and SS during our honeymoon and prefered OKW due to the surrounding atmosphere. It was a bit quieter at OKW because there's less people. SS tends to feel a bit more like a jammed up value resort at times due to the heavy traffic.

disneynarula
02-18-2012, 02:11 PM
I am feeling better and better about my choice to stay at OKW. I loved, loved, loved SSR. It looks like I will love OKW just as much!