PDA

View Full Version : YC or BC

pixiesmimi
02-03-2012, 08:16 PM
What is the difference between the Yacht Club and the Beach Club resorts? We have stayed at the Poly the last couple of trips and I would like to try something different. DH wants to stay close to a park and transportation and preferably on the water. I thought maybe one of these two resorts would be nice.

paymerich
02-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Closer to Epcot
Closer to food amenities

Farther from pool
More foot traffic
Farther from DHS

arm00leg
02-04-2012, 12:25 PM
We stayed at the BC for the first time last year - we loved it! Love, love, the quick walk to Epcot, the easy boat ride to DS, the very cool pool, and the atmosphere. We were on the third floor overlooking woods on the Epcot side and could see most of the fireworks from our balcony, it was quiet except for one night there were some convention people sitting out on their downstairs patio drinking, didn't last long - I think someone called and complained to the front desk. The food court area is very small but had nice choices and good food but with Epcot so close it's a very quick walk to good food. Also across the water is Boardwalk, again, good food. The bus service was good also. We have never stayed at YC but walked around it, it seems very nice but it is a further walk to Epcot. For me by the end of the week my tootsies were thankful for the short walk to Epcot ;)

mom2Z&A
02-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Beach Club! But that's my humble opinion. The Marketplace is located in the Beach Club, where they sundries, snacks and QS Dining option are though limited. The Yacht Club does not offer this at all. We saw many people walking over from the Yacht Club to visit the Marketplace and to grab snacks, QS options and refill their resort mugs.

Its also closer to Epcot! :thumbsup:

But whatever you choose, you'll have a wonderful time because you will be at WDW, and that just makes everything better.:waycool:

pixiesmimi
02-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Thank you! That is what I wanted to know. What are the rooms and atmosphere like? Is it one building or separate buildings? Is there a water view that we can request? How far is it to the Boardwalk or is it on the boardwalk?

brownie
02-04-2012, 07:37 PM
The beach Club is more relaxed while the Yacht Club is more formal. The two resorts are connected.

There are water views but I don't know that you can request it; it may be a room category you're paying for.

Checkers
02-04-2012, 08:48 PM
:mickey:We have stayed at both and as stated earlier the YC is more formal. The Marketplace is shared by both the BC & YC but is very small. Yes, you can request a water view but you will pay extra for it and may not be a direct front water view. We were treated to a room at the BC by a family member who requested a water view and our balcony was very small and we could see the pool if we craned our neck and that was our water view. Also, if you want a full balcony I would suggest you request it. Some of the balconies are very small. It is a great location and the rooms are very nice. We also love Cape May Cafe for either breakfast or dinner. Proximity to the Boardwalk is also a plus.

pixiesmimi
02-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Thank you! :)
:thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
02-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Tell me about Consierge level at BC and what kind of food, etc. they offer. Is it worth the extra?

arm00leg
02-08-2012, 05:12 PM
The Boardwalk is across the lake from YC and BC. The walk isn't too far ... the first day or so, by the end of the week with tired toes it seems much further :medic: The rooms are very beachy - pastels, white wood furniture. Our room was a king sized bed (requested), a sofa, coffee table, desk and chair, dresser, small counter/wet bar with a tiny coffee maker (it made horrible coffee, just go the quick service and get coffee). We had a nice balcony, two chairs and a table but we overlooked the woods and could see some of Epcot. A very comfy bed, very happy about that! Two closets, not huge but for the two of us plenty big. Just a pretty and comfortable feeling resort, we have fallen in love with it and will be going back in the fall.:joy: