PDA

View Full Version : Christmas time questions

Miss Tink 2
02-03-2012, 08:07 PM
We are planning on coming to WDW to experience all the Christmas decorations. When do the decorations go up, and what are the crowds like during that time? We are looking at week before or week after Thanksgiving. Thanks!

mickeys_princess_mom
02-03-2012, 08:35 PM
We are planning on coming to WDW to experience all the Christmas decorations. When do the decorations go up, and what are the crowds like during that time? We are looking at week before or week after Thanksgiving. Thanks!

My grandmother name is Tink! :wave: The week after is a greaaat time to go!! Decorations are up and most people have run back to school or work. Thanksgiving week is super crowded. Haven't looked at the dates, but filming the Christmas parade is usually that first weekend, I believe. MK will be crowded and busy that day....You are going to love Christmas at WDW. Check out the Osborne Lights in HS, Santas from around the world in Epcot, as well as the special Illuminations. Gingerbread house in GF is worth a monorail ride--lots more! Enjoy!!!

Strmchsr
02-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Decorations start going up Nov 1. Personally, I've found the week after Thanksgiving to have gotten a lot more crowded. Not bad, but still decent crowds, especially with the parade taping weekend. The week before Thanksgiving is much less crowded. The only disadvantage is the Candlelight Processional doesn't start until after Thanksgiving. If that's not important to you, I'd say do the week before.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Decorations start going up Nov 1. Personally, I've found the week after Thanksgiving to have gotten a lot more crowded. Not bad, but still decent crowds, especially with the parade taping weekend. The week before Thanksgiving is much less crowded. The only disadvantage is the Candlelight Processional doesn't start until after Thanksgiving. If that's not important to you, I'd say do the week before.

I agree that it has picked up during the week after. We've never actually gone the week before. I DOOO think the Candlelight Processional is something worth seeing! Can't believe I forgot to mention that! Even if you don't actually attend officially, to listen from the top and watch as they all walk in singing is an amazing experience!

DadTriton
02-04-2012, 11:39 AM
The first three weeks after Thanksgiving are busy but not crowded. Friday and Saturday night will get crowded with Florida residents seeing the Osborne lights and other sights.