PDA

View Full Version : Surprising Year of Television

NJGIRL
02-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I have never watched alot of television because I just never found enough on to interest me, but this last year several series have keep my interest.

Lights Out had great potential but has already been canceled.

American Horror was well... interesting to say the least.

Being Human is one of my favorites.

Grimm is interesting to watch.

Revenge is my favorite.

I feel these shows are fresh and a change from all of the reality and crime television that has invaded the airwaves.

What do you think?

DizneyFreak2002
02-04-2012, 03:08 AM
I have at least 1 show a night now..

Sundays: Once Upon A Time, Walking Dead... soon will be Game of Thrones Season 2 and True Blood Season 5

Mondays: Alcatraz....

Tuesday: Soon to be The River

Wednesday: Ghost Hunters

Thursday: Big Bang Theory

Friday: Grimm

I leave Saturday night open for movie night...

NJGIRL
02-04-2012, 09:07 AM
I have at least 1 show a night now..

Sundays: Once Upon A Time, Walking Dead... soon will be Game of Thrones Season 2 and True Blood Season 5

Mondays: Alcatraz....

Tuesday: Soon to be The River

Wednesday: Ghost Hunters

Thursday: Big Bang Theory

Friday: Grimm

I leave Saturday night open for movie night...

Alcatraz looks very interesting. I think I could get into that one.

I used to be a BIG Ghost Hunters fan but after a couple of years all the investigations seem to be the same. I can't understand with all the "full body" sightings that people claim to see the team has never gotten one on film or seen one themselves. I also don't like that they play background music during the investigations. I can never hear what is really going on in there. And why have investigations at night with the lights off???? Most sighting that people report are with the lights on and many are during the day. I liked to watch it for it's entertainment value, but I just got bored with it.

Katzateer
02-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Sunday -Once Upon a Time and I am just checking out Downton Abbey (watching on Netflex since I missed the first 2 seasons)

Tuesday - my guilty pleasure is Dance Moms so crazy but can't get enough of it and Glee. Not as crazy about Glee as I was for Fame years ago but both the girls watch it and that is one night we are all home

Wed - In the Middle ( I am from Indiana and love the Midwest humor), Modern Family and Hot in Cleveland

PirateLover
02-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Our favorite new drama is Once Upon A Time. We have also enjoyed Grimm although we haven't watched it in a while and our DVR is filling up! We also have Alcatraz and Touch on the DVR. It's hard to find time to watch things together with our busy schedules. We watched American Horror Story as well, very creepy.
Comedy wise, love love love New Girl.

alliekat
02-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Me and my daughter love revenge it is a really great all the unexpected things make the show so exciting! We also watch grimm and think all the diffrent creatures are cool.:thumbsup:

TheVBs
02-05-2012, 08:09 AM
We only have Netflix, no regular TV, so I haven't gotten to see many of those shows yet. I did try the first episode of Being Human and really didn't like it. However, I'd already watched all of the seasons of the original UK version and it was so much better! Maybe if I hadn't seen the original I'd have enjoyed the U.S. version more.

MNNHFLTX
02-05-2012, 01:04 PM
I did try the first episode of Being Human and really didn't like it. However, I'd already watched all of the seasons of the original UK version and it was so much better! Maybe if I hadn't seen the original I'd have enjoyed the U.S. version more.Exactly my feelings! After watching the UK version, I just couldn't get into the American one. (BTW, Series 4 of the UK version starts tonight!)

There have been some good shows this year--Once Upon a Time, Modern Family (again), New Girl, Downton Abbey, Ringer, Person of Interest. I still kind of miss Lost. And I wish that they would take House off the air--his time is done.

sixshot19
02-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Best show out there right now is New Girl. Person of interest is pretty good as well. Can't wait for Game of Thrones and Walking dead to start back up.

If you are interested in an older show that you can get on Netflix or somewhere else try HBO's, "The Wire". It's been off the air for some time and lasted only 5 seasons, but try it out, you will not be sad you did.

Dopey's Girl
02-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm loving CBS Monday nights (not 2.5 men). Two Broke Girls is really funny! And Hawaii 5-0 is still my favorite show on TV.

NJGIRL
02-06-2012, 08:56 AM
We only have Netflix, no regular TV, so I haven't gotten to see many of those shows yet. I did try the first episode of Being Human and really didn't like it. However, I'd already watched all of the seasons of the original UK version and it was so much better! Maybe if I hadn't seen the original I'd have enjoyed the U.S. version more.

That's funny. We were the opposite. When we tried to watch the UK version after seeing the first season of the American version we didn't like it. :)

DVC2004
02-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I agree- I am not into crime dramas and attorney shows at all. Zero interest. I looooved American Horror story, what a fresh idea. Wow.
I can't wait for that to come back on whenever the next season starts. Also waiting for Mad Men.

Sadly most of the time now I watch only the various Real Housewives shows on Bravo (guilty pleasure) and I also really enjoy Face/Off, the special effects competition on ScyFy. I just love all the creativity in that competition and find it so interesting to see what the contestants think up.

diz_girl
02-09-2012, 11:12 AM
And I wish that they would take House off the air--his time is done.

Your wish has been granted. I think that the anouncement just came down within the past day or so.

As for my shows...during the regular broadcast season -

Monday - Castle (Love Nathan Fillion since his Firefly days)
Wednesday - Hot in Cleveland
Thursday - Big Bang Theory

I also watched the first season of Being Human, but I've somehow seemed to miss the start of the second season.

During the summer it's Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Haven.

Mickey'sGirl
02-09-2012, 11:19 AM
I do not really enjoy TV (it puts me to sleep if truth be told), so I don't really watch anything regularly except for Big Bang Theory, and Boardwalk Empire on HBO. Honestly, I would rather watch a movie if I'm watching at all.

My husband is the Documentary king, so he tends to watch Discovery or National Geographic ... and he loves Ice Pilots, NWT.

TheVBs
02-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Exactly my feelings! After watching the UK version, I just couldn't get into the American one. (BTW, Series 4 of the UK version starts tonight!)

Cool! I hope it doesn't take Netflix too long to get it.

If you are interested in an older show that you can get on Netflix or somewhere else try HBO's, "The Wire". It's been off the air for some time and lasted only 5 seasons, but try it out, you will not be sad you did.

Thank you! I will try that one.

That's funny. We were the opposite. When we tried to watch the UK version after seeing the first season of the American version we didn't like it. :)

Maybe it's just that we got used to what we watched first? Although, what I really love about the UK version is the quirkiness and how funny some parts were. George (the werewolf in the UK version) is hysterical!

c&d
02-09-2012, 01:48 PM
I love Revenge, and The Finder. I also watched The River and I liked it. I usually don't like that type of show at all but I thought it was so over the top I found myself laughing through most of it.

MNNHFLTX
02-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Maybe it's just that we got used to what we watched first? Although, what I really love about the UK version is the quirkiness and how funny some parts were. George (the werewolf in the UK version) is hysterical!I love the original characters' quirkiness too. I think there's a little more humor in the UK version--certainly still very dark at times, but also a little sweeter too, if that makes sense.

That said, I forgot that BBCA shows the UK version 3 weeks later in the U.S. So the first show of the new season will be shown on the BBCA on February 25th (I've heard some rumors about the story line that I'm not thrilled about!)

NJGIRL
02-15-2012, 02:15 PM
(I've heard some rumors about the story line that I'm not thrilled about!)

Beth tell us!

MNNHFLTX
02-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Beth tell us!

Keep in mind, this is the UK version--not sure if the US version follows the same storylines. In my case, here's the SPOILER:

George dies in the first episode of the 4th season, protecting his infant daughter.