PDA

View Full Version : Bad Phone Reception In Rooms

JPooh
02-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Does anyone else had bad reception in their room. We stayed at CS this summer and had a hard time using our phones in the rooms. I thought is would have improve since the last time we were there in 09 but it hasn't. What kind of phone do you have that works well in the rooms?

Fangorn
02-03-2012, 12:14 PM
We were just at Pop last week, and we had no problem at all with reception in the room with our AT&T service. Our son, however, has Verizon and he could not get a signal in the room at all. He had to go outside.

The only time I ever lost signal completely was inside some of the ride buildings - most notably Soarin'.

Steve
:mickey:

Itchy
02-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Does anyone else had bad reception in their room. We stayed at CS this summer and had a hard time using our phones in the rooms. I thought is would have improve since the last time we were there in 09 but it hasn't. What kind of phone do you have that works well in the rooms?

I really dont know if you can blame all of it on the carrier. I have a Verizon and have not had any issues with my phone at POP, POR, or All Star Movies.

It may be an issue with the phone itself. I have an LG make phone and my lady friend has a lesser brand ( a Verizon phone as well ) and she had spotty to no service in the same locations.

I hope this helps...:mickey:

Fangorn
02-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Agreed. It may NOT be the carrier. But in this case, all the phones are identical - Samsung Galaxy S. Of course, there could easily be subtle differences in components even in the same model phone. That happens all the time with electronic devices.

Steve

PopPhan
02-03-2012, 06:30 PM
I have had 4 different Samsung phones on trips to WDW, staying at Pop Century and never had a bit of trouble with signal strength on the AT&T network in the rooms. Now, in the parks....that's another story altogether....most of the buildings cut the signal short.

The phones I had/have were/are: Eternity, Mythic, Galaxy S, Galaxy SII Infuse.....

I now have a Samsung Galaxy SII SkyRocket 4G and expect the same great service.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi that I am looking forward to having with me on our next trip!! I'll be looking for all those free WiFi hotspots!!

One might think I have a thing for Samsung!!! :rofl:

CuteAsMinnie
02-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Your phone reception will definitely depend foremost with your wireless provider and secondary on the phone itself.

Always enjoy your well deserved vacation!

VWL Mom
02-06-2012, 02:24 PM
I have Verizon and an IPhone 4G. In August I had no reception problems at WL but in November we stayed in the villas and had to go outside to make a call. There are dead spots but I wondered if the new WiFI had anything to do with it because Disney rolled that out somewhere between my two trips.

brivers222
02-06-2012, 02:34 PM
we both have AT&T iPhone 3gs and didn't have any issues with receiption both in room and in parks.

Wireless worked flawlessly on our phones in the room (2nd floor in poly and 3rd floor in Boardwalk)

SandmanGStefani24
02-06-2012, 06:26 PM
sprint user here, and reception in the parks was stellar. room reception...well, depends.

while my voice/text signal never was an issue, the 3G was much better near the window/door. Not to say it wasn't useable, just not as good. Still, gotta say the signal/service was much better than previous years. I do have a better phone now, though.

disneynarula
02-07-2012, 05:08 AM
I have had problems with my phone at CBR resort before.

brownie
02-07-2012, 10:21 AM
sprint user here, and reception in the parks was stellar. room reception...well, depends.

while my voice/text signal never was an issue, the 3G was much better near the window/door. Not to say it wasn't useable, just not as good. Still, gotta say the signal/service was much better than previous years. I do have a better phone now, though.

That was my experience on our last trip, staying at Pop Century. The data connection was not good on my Evo 4G in the interior of our room.

jillluvsdisney
02-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I had good reception with my iPHONE in November at AKL. I was just at CBR last week and had to sit next to the window or be outside to get any reception. I had the same problem at PORQ a few years back and I think it has to do with the rooms/resort not the phone/carrier.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-07-2012, 01:38 PM
When we stayed at WL in December I did not have issues in the room but had problems in the lobby...I have a Blackberry and Cspire is our server