PDA

View Full Version : All Star Resorts

antngoof89
02-03-2012, 04:45 AM
For the trip I am planning for Star Wars Weekend during May, it is cheapest to stay at All Star Movies during that weekend. How is All Star Movies and would you stay there? My gf liked the idea of the theming! I've stayed in Pop before and I've stayed in the All Star Music, but never in Movies or Sports.

Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
02-03-2012, 09:55 AM
We love the All Stars.

My youngest son loved the "Fantasia" theming of the room we had when we stayed at the Movies. The food court is decent and the pool is a good size. We actually prefer the All Stars to Pop Century.

I hope you have a great stay! :thumbsup:

brownie
02-03-2012, 09:59 AM
We've stayed at All-Star Movies several times, but it's been almost 8 years since the last time we stayed there. We enjoy the theming. It's comparable to Pop Century but older.

Mousemates
02-03-2012, 10:16 AM
We've had nice stay at all of the values...be sure to take the time to walk around the resort and make use of all the photo-ops afforded by the icons. Of the three all stars movies was my favorite theming wise.

SandmanGStefani24
02-03-2012, 10:19 PM
just stayed at Movies this week!

Had a very nice stay. Excellent service, a nice room that was quieter than I remembered with value resorts, and just a fun stay. The only issue is there are several brazil and other south american cheer groups staying there at the moment. (can make the dinner and breakfast times very tough in the food hall.)

Other than them, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

barnaby
02-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Movies is my favorite of the All Stars. They all are basically the same, with the difference being the theming.

alliekat
02-04-2012, 08:47 PM
My family and I have stayed at movies in 08 and thought the theming was very cute. It is about the same as the other all stars. Have fun!

WDW*Dreamer
02-04-2012, 09:20 PM
I've always enjoyed my stays at the All-Stars and POP. I do feel that Pop Century has one advantage over the All-Stars when it comes to bus service. The buses for the All-Stars cycle through all 3 resorts before leaving for the parks. So, if you're staying in Sports, when you get on the bus you have to go through Music and Movies before leaving for the park. You have the opposite situation in the evenings.

It's not a reason not to stay at the All-Stars, just something to keep in mind.

Does anyone know if the buses for Pop are also being used for Art of Animation?

barnaby
02-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Kinda off topic, but one thing I noticed when I booked my upcoming trip is that Pop Century is $5 more per night then the All Stars.
I don't know if it has always been like this, but I've only stayed at the All Stars and noticed this when I booked Pop.

Mickeysbrother
02-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I love the theming at AS Movies! Especially the Toy Story building! Make sure you check out every section of the resort!

c&d
02-07-2012, 09:08 AM
I really enjoyed Movies when we stayed there. You really need to walk around the resort in both the daytime and nighttime. We stayed at Sports and didn't like it so I was a little worried when we stayed at Movies, but it was much nicer.

crmark1
02-10-2012, 03:47 PM
We stayed at ASM last June ( our second time first in 05) in the Fantasia 1 building. At that time they were doing refurb on the buildings. Buildings 1-5 were complete, Fantasia 1 is building 6. New carpet, paint, furniture, curtians, bedspreads, flat screen HD TV's. They should be done with all the buildings by now.
Also about the buses, in the mornings there is a dedicated bus for each All Star resort to the parks. Later in the day you may have to share going and coming back to the resort. At park closing you again have a dedicated bus to each All Star resort. ASM is the best value resort in my familys eyes! Have fun!

chrim
02-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I think the themeing at Movies is a bit better than the other All-Star and the Pop Century, although I have not been to Movies since the recent renovation, so I don't know if that would change my thinking.

NOTE: unless you get a preferred room at Movies, I think you will be in either the Herbie (the Love Big) or the Mighty Ducks (hockey) sections. Herbie is one of my favorite Disney characters, so that works for me, but might not for you. The Toy Story, Fantasia, and the 101 Dalmatians are the other sections.

Really, if you were happy with Pop Century and All-Star Music, Movies isn't that much different.

crmark1
02-12-2012, 09:44 AM
I think the themeing at Movies is a bit better than the other All-Star and the Pop Century, although I have not been to Movies since the recent renovation, so I don't know if that would change my thinking.

NOTE: unless you get a preferred room at Movies, I think you will be in either the Herbie (the Love Big) or the Mighty Ducks (hockey) sections. Herbie is one of my favorite Disney characters, so that works for me, but might not for you. The Toy Story, Fantasia, and the 101 Dalmatians are the other sections.

Really, if you were happy with Pop Century and All-Star Music, Movies isn't that much different.

Dont worry. They didnt change any of the outside themeing. Just the inside of the rooms.

SueQ
02-13-2012, 04:02 PM
I've stayed at AS Movies before and thought the theming was cute. We stayed in the Toy Story area. The food court wasn't bad. The only thing that is tough is that all 3 of the All Star resorts share buses and it can get very crowded.

PopPhan
02-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Kinda off topic, but one thing I noticed when I booked my upcoming trip is that Pop Century is $5 more per night then the All Stars.
I don't know if it has always been like this, but I've only stayed at the All Stars and noticed this when I booked Pop.

The increase in pricing for Pop just started this year (2012)....It is now considered a "preferred" Value Resort. I am going to assume that Art of Animation 'single' rooms will have the same "preferred" status when they open at the end of this year.

Eric87
02-19-2012, 10:04 AM
I've always enjoyed my stays at the All-Stars and POP. I do feel that Pop Century has one advantage over the All-Stars when it comes to bus service. The buses for the All-Stars cycle through all 3 resorts before leaving for the parks. So, if you're staying in Sports, when you get on the bus you have to go through Music and Movies before leaving for the park. You have the opposite situation in the evenings.

It's not a reason not to stay at the All-Stars, just something to keep in mind.

Does anyone know if the buses for Pop are also being used for Art of Animation?
:ditto: