PDA

View Full Version : Poly or Beach Club

Catzle
02-02-2012, 07:54 PM
With a 10 year old and 13 year old.

Never been to the beach club.

Anyone stayed at both and can really say that one is that much better then the other?

faline
02-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Have stayed at the Poly several times and love the theming and the location. It's my favorite resort so I am really biased in this direction.

Only one visit to the Beach Club. Enjoyed it especially the pool. If your kids love spending time in the water, this might be the place for them. The proximity to Epcot and Disney Studios can't be beat but, when we compared the two, we liked the Poly better.

Will evaluate again as our next trip has us scheduled at the Beach Club.

SBETigg
02-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Have stayed at the Poly, and the Beach Club. If the kids love pools and water, I think they would enjoy the Beach Club. I much prefer the Polynesian and especially the Grand Floridian. I'm glad I tried the Beach Club, but it wasn't for us. Love the location and pool, and our room was fine, but the shops, restaurants, lounges, and atmosphere just didn't win us over. It is very family friendly, though, and lots of people there with kids seemed very happy, so I think it's a matter of taste maybe.

RichGuy
02-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Beach Club
Good: The pool, easy access to Epcot and DHS, close to the Boardwalk nightlife. Lots of good nearby dining options.
Bad: Seemingly never ending, twisting hallways.

Polynesian
Good: Easy access to Magic Kingdom, and close to the TTC for good access to other parks. Exotic theme, with nice grounds. Rooms seemed bigger than other Deluxe resorts.
Bad: Unremarkable pool.

I guess I'd describe it this way: the Poly is a better hotel, the Beach Club is a better place to stay (for us). I have fond memories of both trips.

If your kids are in to the Magic Kingdom, get a lagoon or theme park view at the Poly. If they like Epcot, being able to walk to the International Gateway is AWESOME.

buzznwoodysmom
02-03-2012, 10:59 AM
We've stayed at both, and on the same trip!!! I couldn't decide between the two so we did 7 nights at BC, followed by 3 nights at the Poly!

For us the Poly won us over more so than the BC. There was nothing wrong with the BC. We loved the pool, the location, the resort in general! The Poly just had that "it factor" that did it for us. I think we liked being so close to MK and the monorail was also a great plus to staying here.

You really can't go wrong with either resort. What a wonderful "problem" to have!

Janmac
02-03-2012, 02:08 PM
One difference between the Poly and Beach Club - the Poly's buildings are not connected to the main building, as they are at the Beach Club. If the weather is bad, you can stay inside when getting something to eat. Also, the Beach Club does not seem as spread out as the Poly is.

Our grandkids (well . . . the adults too :secret: ) enjoyed the Beach Club pool more than the Poly pool. It was almost like having a water park handy. The pool has a sand bottom which some folks don't care for.

Epcot is close to the Beach Club, while DHS is only a boat ride away. Many in our extended family think having the boat option is fun. Your kids may be at an age where DHS is more fun that MK.

If you've done the Poly you might as well do the Beach Club and see how you like it. You're sure not locked into staying there again, if it doesn't suit.

Jan

buzznwoodysmom
02-03-2012, 02:25 PM
I just noticed that you've stay at the Poly many times. Now that I notice this I'd say go with the Beach Club for something new. It'll make the trip that much more different and then you'll know for yourself which one suites your family the best.

Not sure if you'd want to do this, but a friend of mine, who frequents the Poly very often, booked a trip for the BC. Upon arrival they decided that the BC wasn't for them and they really wished they were at the Poly. A quick visit to the front desk and they were headed to the Poly. I think if you are truly disappointed, and there are rooms available, Disney will do whatever they can to help you make a move like this. You may have to pay the difference, if there is one, but you won't be stuck there for the entire week if you don't like it (of course as long as there is availability at the Poly).

Mousemates
02-03-2012, 07:01 PM
with 10 and 13 yo sboys to me the beach club is the big winner...they will love the pool/slide. Then there is easy evening access to the boardwalks and the super fun street entertainment. They are also old enough to handle the walking distnace to epcot (short) and Studios (longer)--which with its thrill rides is still our teen sons favorite park. With smaller kids I would say the poly, but with the older kids the BC gets my vote.

Pocahontas
02-08-2012, 01:36 PM
I've stayed at both and love both! As others have said, you can come up with pros and cons for each. With that said, my vote would be for the BC. When my daughter was the age of your boys, I know that would have been her choice. She loved the pool and that option would trump everything else.

minnie-mouse
02-09-2012, 12:07 PM
We love the Poly and have stayed there many times. I have not stayed at the Beach Club, but the pool looks awesome. Both resorts are beautiful.I have to say it really depends on what parks you think you will spend more time at. If your kids love Epcot, then Beach Club is a great choice. If you think you will be at Epcot and MK often then you can't beat Poly for the convenience of monorail. One thing that has deterred me from choosing Beach Club in the past is there is no counter service there for a good but fast breakfast. Poly has Capt Cooks, plus you can monorail over to CR or GF to dine as well. Good luck, you can't go wrong with either I am sure.:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
02-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Love the Poly rooms and prefer the ambience of the resort to Beach Club too. And it has the Kona Cafe, one of my favorite restaurants. However, at the Beach Club it's fantastic being in close proximity to the World Showcase entrance of Epcot too, especially if you get a room in one of the buildings closest to it. Just walk out the door, over the little hill and into Epcot. Sweet!

7165red
02-10-2012, 03:32 PM
You can't miss with either one, just flip a coin.