PDA

View Full Version : Military tickets?

midgetpepper
02-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I know there's a current military promotion going on (4 days/$138). Shades of Green sells the tickets, but can anyone tell me if I can just buy these at the front gate? :mickey:

Melanie
02-02-2012, 07:29 PM
but can anyone tell me if I can just buy these at the front gate? :mickey:

Yes, you can. :flag:

BrerGnat
02-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes, you can. :flag:

You can??? We have always purchased these at our base ticket office. I was under the impression that this was the only place to get them (MWR or SoG ).

kakn7294
02-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Really Melanie? My cousins are going in April and should hopefully qualify for this offer. I told her she had to go to Shades. It would be so much easier if she could buy them at the gate!

BrerGnat
02-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Just wanted to point out that the official site (www.disneyworld.com/military) states that the tickets can only be purchased at "military base ticket outlets" or Shades of Green.

Melanie...come back and clarify!!!

Melanie
02-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Really Melanie? My cousins are going in April and should hopefully qualify for this offer. I told her she had to go to Shades. It would be so much easier if she could buy them at the gate!

I'm 99% sure my husband bought his military salute ticket at an Epcot ticket booth when we moved to Florida almost 3 years ago (he didn't get an AP right off). :confused:

I'm going today, so I'm going to go to a ticket window and ask. :D

kakn7294
02-03-2012, 08:26 AM
Thanks Mel!

02-03-2012, 08:28 AM
It's my understanding, but I don't know for sure, that you buy the "ticket" at the base or SOG and then you "activate" at Guest Relations.

When I work turnstiles we have a lot of guests that put their "ticket" in the card reader and they won't work because they haven't activated them. Send them to GR and then they will have a valid park ticket.

BrerGnat
02-03-2012, 08:57 AM
It's my understanding, but I don't know for sure, that you buy the "ticket" at the base or SOG and then you "activate" at Guest Relations.

Yes, that is how it works. This is why we need the clarification on where to purchase.

Mel, thanks for researching this!

mydisneygirls
02-03-2012, 09:17 AM
I read that if you purchase tickets at Shades you are not taxed on them...if you purchase them elsewhere are you!

BrerGnat
02-03-2012, 09:32 AM
I read that if you purchase tickets at Shades you are not taxed on them...if you purchase them elsewhere are you!

The Military Salute tickets are not taxed, regardless of place of purchase. Regular Disney tickets offered at SoG and military base ticket offices are also not taxed. In general, anything purchased on a military base is not taxed. For the purposes of theme park tickets, SoG operates its office like a base MWR ticket office.

buzznwoodysmom
02-03-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm sure Mel will get to the bottom of this for us.

I've been under the impression that you are able to purchase them at GR at any of the parks, as well as at a military base or Shades of Green. I'm sure I've heard it said before that if the ticket is purchased at military base or SoG you are not taxed on them, but by purchasing them at GR you will have to pay tax. I just assumed this was for the Salute tickets, but maybe I misunderstood.

mydisneygirls
02-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Buzznwoodysmom you are correct.

Theme Park Ticket Discounts –

•Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets or Four-Day Water Park and More Tickets for $138.00,
•Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets plus the Water Park and More Option for $165.00.
•These tickets can be purchased at Shades of Green, Your local Base Ticket Office, or Disney Theme Park ticket booths (Tax will be added at Disney ticket booths).

From what I've read, you can now purchase tickets in advance through SoG.

DisneyMelissa
02-03-2012, 10:02 PM
My boyfriend and I inquired about these tickets at the Transportation and Ticket center in November, and we were told we would need to go to SoG to purchase them.

stitchingirl
02-03-2012, 11:19 PM
There used to be a MWR place somewhere in the bowels of the Contemporary resort. For our first visit ever, in 2000 (?) we ordered a whole package, but had to pick up tickets and paperwork at an MWR type of office that was at the Contemporary. I think it was military relations or something like that?

Melanie
02-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Just back (wow it was long day) and yes you can purchase the Armed Forces Salute tickets at any WDW ticket window. Total price per ticket $146.97, so yes they are taxed as Denise said.

BrerGnat
02-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Just back (wow it was long day) and yes you can purchase the Armed Forces Salute tickets at any WDW ticket window. Total price per ticket $146.97, so yes they are taxed as Denise said.

That's good to know, but it's $12 more per ticket than we paid on base (price there was $135), so it's totally not worth it for us to wait and buy them there. I'd rather have the $48 in my pocket for our family of four's tickets!

wdwfansince75
02-04-2012, 01:03 PM
There used to be a MWR place somewhere in the bowels of the Contemporary resort. For our first visit ever, in 2000 (?) we ordered a whole package, but had to pick up tickets and paperwork at an MWR type of office that was at the Contemporary. I think it was military relations or something like that?

That was during the expansion of SoG...for several years, much of the North Wing (where BLT now sits) was used in place of SoG. We stayed there at least twice during that time, and the ticket office that is now in SoG was located there..think it was on 3rd floor of the North Wind.

midgetpepper
02-04-2012, 03:09 PM

:number1: We have a "last minute" trip in about a month... too short of a time to order them through MWR and we wont have time to buy them when we land. THANKS everyone!

kakn7294
02-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks Melanie! I'll be sure to let my cousin know!

pixiesmimi
02-10-2012, 10:11 PM
I've asked this on another thread but do all 6 tickets have to be activated at the same time or can we wait to activate 2 tickets that will be used later in the week when we get ready to use them?

pcoleman
02-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Can the military tickets be activated at DTD guest relations?

wdwfansince75
02-14-2012, 08:46 AM
With regards to activation....there are reports on this and another thread that there have been different experiences.....I have activated them with the other users not present. I just gave them the names, and they wrote them on the back. Several other posters say that they had to have all users there while the passes are being acivated. Since having all users there would prevent the purchaser selling or transferring them to others, it may be that Disney has tightened the rules to avoid resellers using them.

The rules still say they must be activated at the parks...