PDA

View Full Version : DTW airport parking

Julie_Mouse
02-02-2012, 06:29 PM
It's been a while since I was on these boards, but I'm finally going back to WDW in a couple of weeks! :mickey:

I know there are some people on here from Detroit-area so I have a quick question for anyone who is familiar with Detroit Metro Airport... I'm not sure if I'll be able to have someone drive me to the airport, so I'm considering leaving my car in the airport parking garage for a week. There's a shuttle that I can take, but round-trip the cost ends up actually being more than just paying for parking. I've only lived in this area (on the Canadian side of the border) for about a year and half, so I'm looking for advice on leaving my car at the airport, i.e., is this a good idea, are there other options that I'm missing, etc. Really, any info is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Jeff
02-02-2012, 07:40 PM
We always used to leave our car in one of the off site lots n take their shuttles over. However, since the new terminal with a parking ramp was built it is easier to just park on site. Cost was $9 or $10 a day last summer.

Welcome back to Intercot!

Niecyboo
02-02-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure what time of day your flight is, but when our flight is early in the morning we have used "Park and Fly" at the La Quinta Inn. They sometimes offer free off-site parking with a night's stay and it comes out about the same as what parking would be by itself. Your car is in an outdoor secured parking area. I have also left my car in the DTW parking garage and felt safe with it there. If you do come in that day, know that traffic around the airport can be heavy (at least when coming from the north it is). We usually add at least half an hour to our driving time to be safe.

brivers222
02-02-2012, 11:08 PM
hmmm i wish i could help you... I have only been dropped off and just recently we have been using All-Star Limo.

I do remember as a kid though we parked at a lot just north of 94 and took a shuttle to the gate. I was like 10 so i don't know the specifics on cost but our car was there for 8 days.

Julie_Mouse
02-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Wonderful, thanks everyone! :mickey: Sounds like I have some price comparing to do...

brad192
02-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Go to the DTW website & search for parking. They have an entire section dedicated to it, with maps, pricing, etc.:thumbsup:

CanadaLovesDisney
02-05-2012, 11:13 PM
The big blue deck! Google it!!
Have fun!