PDA

View Full Version : How last minute could we plan?

Dulcee
02-02-2012, 12:09 PM
My Fiance and I are getting married this October.

We originally had planned on a WDW honeymoon sometime the following January. Then the wedding grew bigger...and bigger and thus more expensive. So honeymoon plans have been thrown out the window.

But the closer we get the more we both really want a chance to go away together. Its been 4 years since we were last able to. We're now thinking maybe the week before Christmas. Somewhere in the 12/13-12/20 range. We really would need to wait until late October/Early november to see if finances agree.

Is that even doable?? I only ever plan trips a year plus out! I'd assume rooms won't be a problem, but what about dining reservations?

AlwaysDisney
02-02-2012, 12:41 PM
I would go ahead and book for the dates that you want to go and then you have 45 days before your trip to cancel with out losing anything. So if you book for Dec 13th, you just need to cancel around Oct 28th(guessstimate). At least that way you have a reservation in case you can go!! Pixie dust that it all works out!!!:mickey:

Scott C
02-02-2012, 01:40 PM
In Sept of '10 -- we actually set up a fri night/ sat night stay on Thursday Afternoon. We had to be flexible on resorts - but we had a great time. We just gave Terrisue a call at Magical Journeys and she got us into OKW(not our first choice - but it worked fine) and she got us MNSSHP tickets. All less than 24 hours before check in. I don't recommend this to everyone, but it worked out great for us.

Best Wishes
Scott

Scar
02-02-2012, 02:30 PM
I've done a 3 day stay with literally no planning. Just drove into DTD and went to Guest Relations to see what was available. For a week trip, I once booked a room and airfair less then 2 weeks before. Had a great time on both and was never hungry.

The only times I've ever booked more then a month or two in advance is when I've had a PIN that had a booking deadline.

disneymommom
02-02-2012, 03:46 PM
We usually book close in. One year we called on the Monday after Palm Sunday and got two rooms on the Club Level rooms for Good Friday through Easter week. We were also able to have dinner in Canada on Easter Sunday. You never know. People cancel all the time. Go for it.

faline
02-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Gosh! I've booked a Disney trip one week before arrival and may have even gone for a long weekend with less planning than that! I think you'll be fine!

Dulcee
02-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks all! You've put my mind at ease. I think we'll hold off. And after the chaos of the wedding see if we can swing it.

Fingers crossed we can :)

Tink#64
02-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Gosh! I've booked a Disney trip one week before arrival ...! I think you'll be fine!

:ditto:

I prefer time to plan, but I'm a planner I enjoy it! Our spur of the moment trip was perfect, I'm sure you can plan a magical memories trip in a very short time! All you really need is a place to stay and just go! Once you're in that magical place, all those little things are just "Plusses"! You can have a magical trip with or without planning all the extra stuff! :thumbsup:

Dickson Thunder
02-04-2012, 10:26 AM
The best trip we ever had to WDW was one that was only booked 3 weeks in advance. Just long enough to get ready to go and get excited about going. I think you would be fine booking a month out if you can go.

:cool:

mrs.jacksparrow
02-04-2012, 11:04 AM
I agree a short window is no problem..we just booked (two weeks out) a weekend stay. It has been so much fun doing spur of the moment reservations etc. So far we have gotten everything we wanted! Can't wait to go!

SandmanGStefani24
02-04-2012, 12:56 PM
i don't think the planning is as big a deal as when you are thinking of going.

I was there this week, mon-thurs, and didn't book my room until the day before. I had planned on later going to get tix from the local Disney store, but they were out. So, I had them added when I checked in. So basically other than packing, and flight stuff, no planning. It can be done. :D

However, being that WDW is packed during the holidays I wouldn't take that chance. As mentioned earlier, go ahead and book where you would like to stay just to ensure there will be a spot for you. Then play it by ear. Unless you cancel last minute, the cost will be minimal if plans fall through. Good luck!