PDA

View Full Version : O'Hana for a vegetarian?

disneynarula
02-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Any vegetarians out there ever eat at O'Hana? As I recall the only veggies were the salad and some veggies with the appetizers. I want my MIL to have something more substantial. Maybe we should pick somewhere else? She is also allergic to milk.

TinkerbellT421
02-02-2012, 08:59 AM
My first question is, does she eat seafood? I know some vegeterian that eat seafood just no meats, weird but had to ask. Because if she does they do serve the shrimp.

There is a vegetable noodle dish that is delicious there and quite filling. Salad. Vegetables which also were very filling, it was broccoli, green beans, etc that is absolutely delictable. And the desert is phenomenal IMHO, it's banana's foster bread pudding yumm. But if you call for ADR's make sure you tell them she is allergic to milk so that if anything is prepared with or near milk they will make sure to prepare her a fresh dish of whatever she will like away from anything that could cause cross-contamination. Also, if you tell them she is vegeterian I am sure they will be able to whip her up something special that has no meats. When we were there Friday there was a girl that refused to eat of the food, so the chef came out talk to the parents and they brought her her very own HUGE dish of mac and cheese. They are very accomodating there. So if the noddles, veggies and salad are not enough they will be more than willing to whip her up something additional for her to enjoy. :mickey:

disneynarula
02-02-2012, 10:30 AM
She does not eat seafood.

NJGIRL
02-02-2012, 12:33 PM
To clarify, vegetarians do not eat anything that was once alive. People that say they are vegetarians and eat seafood are not really vegetarians they are called pescetarians.

Back to the subject. I have never eaten there because I didn't think that there was enough for me to eat in that restaurant to justify the cost, so I am interested in the responses also.

TinkerbellT421
02-02-2012, 01:05 PM
To clarify, vegetarians do not eat anything that was once alive. People that say they are vegetarians and eat seafood are not really vegetarians they are called pescetarians.

Back to the subject. I have never eaten there because I didn't think that there was enough for me to eat in that restaurant to justify the cost, so I am interested in the responses also.

AH HA! Makes sense, thanks for the clarification. :mickey:

Like I listed above those are the only things available with the "normal" servings that are for vegeterians. Outside of the bread of course that is also served with dinner. Everything else is meats/seafood.

ElenitaB
02-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Make sure to note your ADR that your MIL is a vegetarian and does not eat dairy. They will make special dishes to make sure she does not go hungry! In the past, these dishes have included special bread, a soup course, a salad course (though she may eat the salad they serve every else and the broccoli they serve everything else). The main dish they serve seems to be a "tower" of veggies and tofu (does she eat soy? That would be another thing to note if she doesn't). And for dessert, I've seen them serve another "tower" that consists of Divvies cookies (no dairy, no eggs, no dyes, no nuts), Rice Dream or Toffuti, sometimes allergen-free brownies, and fruit.

As long as you let them know in advance, the chefs at 'Ohana will not let her go hungry in the least!

brivers222
02-02-2012, 11:14 PM
personally i am not sure there is enough on the menu at Ohana to warrant the hefty price tag for a Vegetarian