View Full Version : Disney during Star Wars Weekend

antngoof89
02-01-2012, 06:22 PM
I am planning on taking my girlfriend to Disney during the month of May after she finishes up with her finals and have been debating whether or not to go during Star Wars Weekend or not. The parks have better Extra Magic Hours during the first Star Wars Weekend than the previous time period we were looking at staying and it will only cost me $20 more on Hotel Fares to stay during that time instead of a couple weeks prior. Has anyone gone during this event, is it worth it, and what kind of activities are their during the event? Also, is it just in Hollywood Studios as I presume it is?

Thanks!

browneyedgirl12
02-01-2012, 09:13 PM
The last time I went during Star Wars Weekends it was right after they had opened the refurbished Star Tours ride and the crowds were wall to wall. It was insane and personally I wouldn't do it again. However it depends how big of a Star Wars fan you are. They have a lot of cool stuff going on in Hollywood Studios for it. They had characters from the movies all over the place and you could meet people who were in the movies, etc. So I would say that its really up to how much you like Star Wars.

wickedgin
02-02-2012, 12:21 AM
We went mid-June 2010. It's DHS only, the crowds are huge, and the weather was probably the most hot and humid I've ever experienced. The lines to meet the characters are long, the crowds ensure long lines at all the rides. We went intending to be able to get autographs and such, but there was no way, the lines went on for ever.
That said, I'd totally do it again, and I'm not even a die-hard Star Wars fan. It was so much fun to see all the characters in the parade,the Hyperspace Hoopla, and the Jawas roaming around!
If you two like Star Wars at all, I think it's worth it to go at least once.

LVT
02-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Insanely crowded and hot.
I loved it.
There were characters roaming around.
I did not care about autographs, I just took pictures.

antngoof89
02-10-2012, 11:50 PM
I've read and heard that May isn't such a bad time to go. We are going May 17th - May 22nd. Plus, I live in Texas... Central Texas. There is no heat that intimidates us Texan Folk. :mickey:

SuzieBell
02-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Insanely crowded and hot.
I loved it.
There were characters roaming around.
I did not care about autographs, I just took pictures.

I agree! Went last June. First time we went, we just stayed on the other end of the park. Saw lots of characters and did get some good pics. I have no idea if they were "real" characters or guests dressed up! :D Went back the day after it was over. Still crazy, but not quite as bad.
If you are a big Star Wars fan, there is lots to do, but I'm not a big fanatic, so I didn't want to stand in long hot lines to get autographs. We could stand off to the side and get a good look!
The new ride is awesome though!

AmandaChan
02-12-2012, 07:31 PM
We always go in May but last year we went in June during STW and DHS on the days of the weekends are crazy, of course. The other parks that week leading up to the w/e were a LITTLE more busy than we are used to, but definitely manageable and I would go back again during crowds like that. with only two people and no kids it will be easy for you to get around with FP and what not. When just DH and I went by ourselves, we never had a problem (well, rarely). Just do the right parks on the right days, be smart with FP and what not.