PDA

View Full Version : Pin Code!

Princess'Mom
02-01-2012, 10:05 AM
I received a pin code in the mail yesterday! Yay!

A couple of weeks ago, I had started to plan a spring break trip, but didn't completely follow through with the reservation - meaning I had signed into my account, began the reservation, but just didn't click on the ressies confirmed button. I needed to check out a couple of scheduling conflicts and I missed the deadline for the advertised room only discount.

Last night I was doing the happy dance whilst wading through the mail. The pin code is for 30% off a deluxe room rate!

I just love it when procrastination pays off! It usually doesn't for me!:D

Has anyone else received a Pin Code in the mail?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-01-2012, 10:08 AM
I got one last month. Saved a small chunk out of the trip my DD and I had already booked for June.

brivers222
02-01-2012, 10:10 AM
The only communication i have ever received from Disney is a card thanking me for spending money during my trip and a package asking me to spend money on the Disney Movie Club.

Never seen this so called PinCode ever...

brownie
02-01-2012, 10:24 AM
We just received a second pin code for free dining for October. We may be switching to this for ICOT15.

TexansInNY
02-01-2012, 02:07 PM
We have a pin code again for this trip and so far none of the offers beat it - trust me I call. We have had pin codes for our last 4 trips but do not know why... grats to you!
:mickey:

iheartdisney
02-02-2012, 06:56 PM
The only communication i have ever received from Disney is a card thanking me for spending money during my trip and a package asking me to spend money on the Disney Movie Club.

Never seen this so called PinCode ever...

Ditto.

RichGuy
02-03-2012, 12:11 AM
We got a pin code last year that was tied to our annual passes, 40% off the room if I remember right.

There's a lot of discussion about what puts you "on a list" for a code. Obviously being AP doesn't hurt, but nobody that I've heard of has ever found a foolproof way of scoring the discount.

teamblackwell
02-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I received a pin code in the mail yesterday! Yay!

A couple of weeks ago, I had started to plan a spring break trip, but didn't completely follow through with the reservation - meaning I had signed into my account, began the reservation, but just didn't click on the ressies confirmed button. I needed to check out a couple of scheduling conflicts and I missed the deadline for the advertised room only discount.

just love it when procrastination pays off! It usually doesn't for me!:D

This same thing happened to me several other shopping web-sites. I always now put stuff in the shopping cart and then leave the site, 50% of the time there will be an online coupon email the next morning to entice you to complete your order.

barnaby
02-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Got a room discount in an e-mail a few weeks back and got the same offer via mail last week.
It referenced my interest in a trip after I ordered the 2012 vacation DVD.

Urbss
02-07-2012, 07:54 PM
I've gotten many pin codes the last few years. Here is what we did to increase our odds of getting one.

I signed up an account on the WDW website for both of my email accounts. My wife and her mother both did the same thing. I've gotten pin codes through emails.

I had an instance where both of my emails received one the same week. I've also had an instance when one or the other got one, but the other email did not. Or, my wife has gotten one, but I didn't.

I think it is luck, but it could help to increase your odds!!