PDA

View Full Version : Hilton at DTD

disneynarula
01-31-2012, 03:13 PM
Anyone stayed here recently? We were thinking about using our points to stay here for a few days before we check into our Disney Resort. There are some other hiltons that use less points per night in the area. The one at DTD allows you to use EMH but it is the only one.

floridamom
01-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Hilton Bonnet Creek is very new and very nice. The pool has a lazy river feature and the rooms have an upscale feel. We considered staying at Hilton DTD at a rate of $89/night on two different occasions but we passed and opted for Bonnet Creek or another Disney resort instead.

There seems to be conflicting info on whether or not HBC offers EMH. I thought I remembered it was offered when we stayed and I read a post on another board that also stated so. I think a phone call directly to the hotel would clear that up.

HBC is contained within Disney property but it isn't right in the thick of things. If proximity to DTD is important, you may prefer that one.

Also, HBC has its own shuttle service. I can't speak to that, since we had our own car. However, I know others here on Intercot have shared feedback on it.

Good luck with your decision.

tarheelmjfan
02-01-2012, 06:04 PM
We'll be staying at Hilton DTD next weekend. It will be our first stay there. I'll try to report back, after our stay. Unfortunately, we didn't get a rate close to $89. floridamom, do you mind posting where you saw that rate? It would be good to know for future trips.

We have also stayed at Hilton BC. It's a very nice hotel, but the transportation has us trying HDTD this time. We will stay there again, if we can get a good enough rate to add taxi fare to & from the parks into the hotel budget. For the prices I'm seeing now, we'd stay at Swan or Dolphin again. FWIW, I didn't see any info stating HBC guests qualified for EMH.

disneynarula
02-02-2012, 05:31 AM
HBC does not qualify for the EMH. It's the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista. It's the only off property hotel that qualifies as far as I know. That is why we considered that one. We don't always use the EMH but it's nice to have the option.
It gets mixed reviews

tarheelmjfan
02-05-2012, 03:54 PM
We chose HLBV, because it was cheaper & the transportation seems to be better than HBC. Like you, we don't really take advantage of EMH, regardless of where we stay. I'll let you know how we think HLBV compares to HBC, when we get back next week. We've pretty much decided that we'll stay at one of the Hiltons or S/D depending on where we can get the best rate. If staying at HBC, we'll add taxi fare each way into that rate. The jury is still out on HLBV. This weekend will determine, if it stays on the list of possible hotels.

We refuse to pay similar money for a Disney Moderate resort. We probably won't stay at another Disney resort, unless we get a great AP or FL Res. rate at one of the Deluxe resorts.

floridamom
02-08-2012, 07:59 AM
We'll be staying at Hilton DTD next weekend. It will be our first stay there. I'll try to report back, after our stay. Unfortunately, we didn't get a rate close to $89. floridamom, do you mind posting where you saw that rate? It would be good to know for future trips.

Sorry I just saw this, tarheelmjfan.

I believe that was the AAA rate, available both through the Hilton website and through AAASouth's website. It depends on time of year, of course, but I just checked for a couple of upcoming weekend dates, and the rate is currently $94.

tarheelmjfan
02-14-2012, 03:13 PM
We've returned from HLBV. As promised, I'll post our opinion of this hotel vs. HBC.

Hilton DTD Lake Buena Vista/ Pros:

1) EMH - We used it for Epcot EMH on our arrival night.

2) Better bus service - The buses ran more often & stopped at 2 parks instead of 4. We did stop at the other resorts on the same side of LBV Drive, but those are more like drive-bys. :D

3) Good, weekend rate on Business floor king room- This rate included free WIFI & continental breakfast. We didn't bring a computer or partake in the breakfast, so I can't really voice an opinion on them. My DH did check out the breakfast room, & said it was a standard continental breakfast.

Cons:

1) Bed was horrible - My DH & I both woke up with back pain each morning. I have a bad back, so that's not all that unusual from me. However, my DH doesn't, & he also had back pain.

2) Service - We had to call 3 times, before they finally brought a fridge. We weren't given enough wash cloths on the 2nd day, & couldn't find anyone close to get any from. I ended up using a hand towel. Also, I saw a valet chase a guy down, as he was getting ready to check in. He told him to give him his keys, or move the vehicle himself immediately. He wasn't even given time to check in. We parked, then rolled our luggage from the car. After witnessing this exchange, I was glad we did that.

Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Pros:

1) New & much nicer looking hotel - HLBV is starting to show it's age. HBC was immaculate.

2) Much better service - The service there showed you were in a really nice hotel. Any request was address immediately. Housekeeping was excellent, & accessible.

3) Better food options. They had a much better selection of grab-n-go type foods.

Cons:

1) Bus service was horrible. It ran once an hour & often stopped at all 4 parks. It also picked up at Waldorf Astoria.

To sum up our opinion, we don't need to be catered to, so I wouldn't choose HBC, based on better service alone. The transportation is a big plus for HLBV, but we could take a cab from HBC. The deciding factor for us would be the beds. My DH told me not to book HLBV again, unless I heard they had changed the mattresses. When going to the parks, he said he wished we'd stayed at Swan or Dolphin again. They have the total package of quality accommodations, great service, & transportation. He also want to try Waldorf Astoria. We wouldn't hesitate to return to HBC, if we got a rate low enough to allow us to add taxi fare both ways & it still be cheaper than S/D.

Sorry I just saw this, tarheelmjfan.

I believe that was the AAA rate, available both through the Hilton website and through AAASouth's website. It depends on time of year, of course, but I just checked for a couple of upcoming weekend dates, and the rate is currently $94.

Thanks for getting back to me. If we ever decide to stay at HLBV again, I'll check AAASouth first. We paid $140+ last weekend through the Hilton site. That was still a pretty good rate.

disneynarula
02-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the review. If we are just going to use it for one night we might be better off at HBC.