PDA

View Full Version : bottled water

goofyfan4466
01-31-2012, 05:45 AM
can you bring your own bottled water with you on the ship for your length of stay ? and if so, how do you pack the water so it does not get damaged during luggage loading ?

thanks in advance

Ed
01-31-2012, 07:55 AM
Yes, you can bring your own. It would probably be best to either bring a full case with shrink-wrap intact or package a smaller quantity in a similar way so the baggage handlers can clearly see what it is.

You can also simplify things by buying a case onboard, which we did on one 7-night trip. I don't recall the price, but yes - - it was expensive. :spend:

goofyfan4466
01-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Yes, you can bring your own. It would probably be best to either bring a full case with shrink-wrap intact or package a smaller quantity in a similar way so the baggage handlers can clearly see what it is.

You can also simplify things by buying a case onboard, which we did on one 7-night trip. I don't recall the price, but yes - - it was expensive. :spend:

Can we bring our cooler on board with our luggage ? we always bring a large cooler to WDW into our room with us. we can not remember bringing our cooler onboard in 2005 with us.
thanks in advance

Ed
01-31-2012, 05:21 PM
No. Per DCL's website:

Question What food or food storage containers are not permitted? Answer Food coolers containing personal snack foods and drinks may not be brought onboard. They are only permitted if needed for medications, baby food or items related to special dietary needs.

wildernesslady
01-31-2012, 05:46 PM
They do prefer if you have the water bagged separately. They do not want you to check a case of water. You may want to pack an extra duffle for it. We just added bottles to our suitcases and left the rest for the porters. It all arrived safely.

Auroring Good Time
02-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Last time we cruised, I brought most of a case of water on board. I put it in a rolling back pack and carried it on board with me. I had to tote it around until the room was ready but, it wasn't too bad because it had wheels. A case of water on board the ship can be a little pricey. We usually bring a bottle of champagne on board too.

goofyfan4466
02-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Last time we cruised, I brought most of a case of water on board. I put it in a rolling back pack and carried it on board with me. I had to tote it around until the room was ready but, it wasn't too bad because it had wheels. A case of water on board the ship can be a little pricey. We usually bring a bottle of champagne on board too.

thats a great idea using something on wheels. can you bring your own alcohol without any problems when you are going thru security & check in ? maybe a 6 pack or something like that , not much more than that.

thanks

Ed
02-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Make sure that whatever you carry onboard will fit through the x-ray machine - - dimensions shown in the below quote from the DCL website.

Also remember that you will be hauling around whatever you carry onboard until your stateroom is ready - about 1:30pm.

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on of an adult Guest – age 21 or older (dimensions can't exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep).

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Guests who arrive in the dining room, including Palo and Remy, with a bottle of champagne or wine will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.