PDA

View Full Version : POP Century Parking?

EeyoresBestFriend
01-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Are you able to park rental cars for free at POP while staying there?

Pirate Granny
01-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Yep, when u check in they will give u a parking pass good for the duration of your stay, and for free parking at the parks to put on your dashboard.

hauntedmansiongirl
01-31-2012, 04:41 AM
POP has a huge parking lot for each building, so you will have no problem parking your rental. Your room key will work to open the security gate and you can park for free at the resort, at other resorts when you have ADRs and at all the parks and water parks! :mickey:

Terra
01-31-2012, 08:09 AM
We're staying at the Pop in March. In general, do you pay for parking in their lot? [We're taking our own car]. Does the free parking apply to only rental cars?

Dumb question, sorry :blush: This is our first time staying on property.

Strmchsr
01-31-2012, 08:26 AM
We're staying at the Pop in March. In general, do you pay for parking in their lot? [We're taking our own car]. Does the free parking apply to only rental cars?

No dumb questions here! There is no parking charge for any resort guests, whether you have your own car or a rental. Your parking pass also allows you to get into the parking lots at the parks with no charge. When you pull up to the gate just show your resort parking pass and they'll wave you through.

Terra
01-31-2012, 10:36 AM
Thank you! What about when we first arrive? We won't have anything. My friend, who works at WDW, booked the room for us with her friends/family discount.

That's good news about the parks too!! I'm still thinking about taking the WDW transportation system but we'll see :)

brownie
01-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Thank you! What about when we first arrive? We won't have anything. My friend, who works at WDW, booked the room for us with her friends/family discount.

That's good news about the parks too!! I'm still thinking about taking the WDW transportation system but we'll see :)

You'll stop and talk to the security officer at the booth at the gate. Just let them know you're checking in and they'll get you through.

joonyer
01-31-2012, 11:41 AM
POP has a huge parking lot for each building, so you will have no problem parking your rental. :mickey:

Just to clarify, There is plenty of free parking at POP for resort guests, and a "designated" for each "decade", but not necessarily for each building (there are several buildings for each "decade") The parking lots are on the outside edges of the resort property, and some buildings are next to the lots but others are not (in the interior areas of the property). In particular the '60's and '70's building are not adjacent to a parking lot. Click here for a map of the resort to more clearly see the picture!
http://intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg

Terra
01-31-2012, 11:53 AM
You'll stop and talk to the security officer at the booth at the gate. Just let them know you're checking in and they'll get you through.

Thank you! Less than a month and half. I can't wait!!:number1:

zipadeedoodah
01-31-2012, 04:34 PM
This will be the first time that we are driving to WDW. How secure are the parking lots? Is there any history of vandalism?

Scott C
01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
While I am sure that there must of been some incidents, I have always felt quite safe and secure in the parking lots. Just don't do anything stupid like leaving things visible and you should be fine. Oh, and don't park under a tree -- I still have sap that I can not get off of my windshield......

Thanks
Scott C

zipadeedoodah
01-31-2012, 05:22 PM
Gotcha! That's good advice about the trees! Thanks ;)

LVT
01-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Gate guard will ask about a reservation.

There is a posted parking area for check- in.

Once you are checked in, you will place the pass in the car and move to the best spot you can find by your building assignment.

Enjoy finding your room via large Disney ICONS.

brownie
02-01-2012, 10:38 AM
We ended up parking in the guest check-in parking lot by Classic Hall at night when we stayed at Pop Century. We were in the 70's section and there really isn't a close parking lot to where we were. Since we were leaving from there in the morning and we'd stop there on the way to our room to refill our mugs, it made the logistics a bit easier.