PDA

View Full Version : Best day for MK and HS?? rope drop??

mrs.jacksparrow
01-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Hello :mickey:

We are coming on Presidents day weekend. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
Travel days are thursday/tuesday.

Which day would be best for MK? I was thinking Friday. Anyone have comments???

what time do we need to be parked to get to rope drop?

How about HS on Saturday?
mostly for Fantasmic

We need to go to universal for Harry Potter and drive to see Winter the tailess dolphin so we just have two days for the World. But I can steer the group for any days to attend WW.

Thanks so much for any input!!!! So excited!!!!!

faline
01-30-2012, 08:27 AM
That entire weekend will be very busy. Friday might be the best day for the Magic Kingdom. I typically take the busses so am not sure what time you'd need to be in the parking lot to make it for rope drop.

As for Hollywood Studios, you can expect that to be extremely busy any day that weekend.

hauntedmansiongirl
01-31-2012, 04:51 AM
We were there last year at that time and the park were nuts. We went to MK on the Thursday before and there was a 30 minute wait for the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Never saw a wait for that before. On the Friday we left for the Daytona 500 and people we met there said that they had been to MK on the Friday and DHS on the Saturday and it was a nuthouse. Just have lots of patience and go with the flow!

As to the parking lot- I would get there 45 minutes ahead of opening. By the time you get to the gate you won't have too long to wait. Then you can beeline to Space Mountain or wherever you want to get a fast pass (TSM st DHS) and go for there. Have a great time! :mickey:

minnie-mouse
02-01-2012, 11:13 AM
We've always found MK to be very busy on Sunday and Mondays.

mrs.jacksparrow
02-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Well...with our reservations for dining...we are doing MK friday and Hs on saturday...I see they just increased the times they are open....wow 1:00 am that isnuts....thinking of staying on property now just so we can enjoy more maybe stay at a moderate for friday night.