PDA

View Full Version : PO Riverside Help?

EeyoresBestFriend
01-28-2012, 08:10 PM
What is the closest room building to the main building & food court? Do you know if those are Gardenview or standard rooms? Any reviews of those rooms if you've stayed there would be appreciated . . .

Thanks in advance :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-28-2012, 09:28 PM
The buildings closest to the main building are now a category on their own, you have to book a "preferred" room to be sure of a location near the main building.

Within the preferred category, there are both standard view and garden view rooms, as far as I'm aware.

Riverside is a great resort, and having the new category is a mixed blessing, you can be assured of a close room, but you'll have to pay extra for it.

KatrinaJ91
01-29-2012, 06:45 PM
We always ask for bldgs 14, 15 or 18 in Alligator Bayou...they are really close and easy to get to from the main bldg!

We LOVE Disney
01-29-2012, 09:58 PM
I believe the preferred buildings are 14, 15, 18 & 27.

We have always gotten a close to the main lodge building but this will be the first time we have to pay extra for it.

This is our favorite resort. There are 5 in my family and we have always been fine with the room. Love the layout of the resort and love the quiet pools for nighttime swimming. The rooms are being refurbished so I'm hoping to get a "new" room when we get there in June. However, there looks like there will be minimum storage now that they took the TV and cabinet away & replaced it with a flatscreen TV.

crltkcagle
01-29-2012, 10:41 PM
I want to clear up the whole preferred building thing. We stay here and last year I asked to be placed in building 14 and wanted to know if I would be charged extra. I was told this, "while it is a preferred building the only rooms that are preferred are the ones with a water view. So the rooms in building 14 that face the parking lot are not considered preferred and do not get an extra charge. So you can still stay in these buildings just be sure to tell them you do not want a preferred room. Hope this helps. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
01-30-2012, 01:16 PM
....Building 14 is a preferred building, however we were not charged extra as we did have a parking lot "view", I wasn't sure those facing the parking were not "preferred"...that being said the parking lot "view" rooms with a short cut through the parking is much quicker to the bus depot......just another tip.....:blush:

Janmac
01-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Couple more questions: if you're staying at Riverside and want to use the FQ pool - how do you usually get there? Drive, walk, take the boat?

Looking at the resort map, it looks as tho building 90 might be just as close to the main building as building 14. Is the map's scale not very accurate?

Thanks

Jan

pox24
01-30-2012, 01:27 PM
We were week end b4 last. Room 9536 in Magnolia bend so close it was awesome. King room 30 seconds from the quiet pool, and about a 6 minute walk to everything, just over the bridge. :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Couple more questions: if you're staying at Riverside and want to use the FQ pool - how do you usually get there? Drive, walk, take the boat?

All of the above!

The boat is the quickest (as long as you don't have to wait too long for it) and most fun way to head over for a swim at FQ. You can walk, and it is a super-short drive (we usually drive when staying at FQ when we want to swim at POR).

#1donaldfan
02-01-2012, 12:07 PM
I would suggest walking....it's a beautiful walk, family time together and it's not that far, from AB maybe a 15 minute walk....:mickey: