PDA

View Full Version : Best place to research restaurants

disneyfamilyforever
01-28-2012, 04:53 PM
I am look for a place where I can look up ideas for eating, while we are in Disney World. It can be anywhere on the resort. Its been since 2006 since we went, so I need a refresh coarse. I just don't even know where to begin. I want to look up themes, special things they do, cost and pictures.

Thanks for your help!:mickey:

SBETigg
01-28-2012, 05:18 PM
There are dining guides but often lackluster. We're not allowed to recommend other sites here. There's a good dining section here at Info Central with menus and pictures. Some of the menus are outdated, though. There are lots of sites and dedicated blogs, though, that you can find if you just Google Disney Dining or Disney Food. Disney's own website is actually pretty good, with pictures of restaurants and menus.

Plus, just ask us! You'll get lots of responses if you start a thread asking questions like "Where's the best Mexican?" or "Best atmosphere?" or "Best for families?" or "Character Dining?" etc.

faline
01-28-2012, 06:37 PM
I'd also suggest chekcing out Walt Disney World's official web site where they describe each of their dining venues.

cer
01-29-2012, 12:19 AM
I sent you a private message. Hope you find it helpful.

March Hare
01-29-2012, 07:55 AM
I just sent you a private message with a link that I hope helps

disneynarula
01-31-2012, 08:56 AM
I find that the WDW.com is a good starting place. You can even see menus there.

Melanie
01-31-2012, 09:07 AM
I find that the WDW.com is a good starting place. You can even see menus there.

I'm not usually one to toot the horn of the more often than not outdated info on the WDW site, but they have come a very long way with their restaurants/menu section and I find it quite accurate and informative. I'd definitely start there. :chef:

MouseHouser
01-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Agree with the posts above. If you find a list of top rated disney restaurants in various categories, you almost cannot go wrong. The handful of beloved restaurants always deliver a memorable experience.

disneynarula
01-31-2012, 03:07 PM
I was really impressed with the improvements on the website. It is so helpful to be able to see a menu with prices.

Jared
01-31-2012, 03:29 PM
There's a blog about Disney Food which does a great job with everything related to Disney food.

EDIT: I agree that Disney has made huge improvements with keeping its own website updated regarding dining. I love the PDF menus, but they are not available for every restaurant and they are not always the most recent incarnation.