PDA

View Full Version : Where oh where?

carpecoffee
01-27-2012, 11:47 AM
My sister and I are taking my nephew to Disneyworld in Oct for his 7th birthday. I don't have a clue which resort to choose. Our budget is moderate, and Jack loves The Lion King, Cars, and Princess Jasmine! He also loves swimming. Can you give me your opinions on what resort would thrill the socks off a 7 year old boy, and be comfortable for his mom and aunt. :party:

disneynarula
01-27-2012, 12:01 PM
How about the suites at Art of Animation? Even though they are listed as "values" they are closer to moderate prices. There would be tons of room and you can get a themed room.

BrerGnat
01-27-2012, 12:11 PM
How about the suites at Art of Animation? Even though they are listed as "values" they are closer to moderate prices. There would be tons of room and you can get a themed room.

If the budget is "moderate", the suites will be out of price range at $250 and up per night. The only value rooms will be in the Little Mermaid section.

OP, I'd recommend Port Orleans Riverside among the moderates. It's a great moderate resort, and the pool should be a lot of fun for a 7 year old. We used to stay there when my sisters and I were kids, and we used to LOVE it there.

If you can get a great discount, though, you might want to look into either the Animal Kingdom Lodge (for the Lion King love) or the Wilderness Lodge. A standard room with a good discount can be only a little bit more expensive than a moderate resort.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-27-2012, 01:27 PM
I would say Art of Animation, Animal Kingdom or a Pirate themed room at CBR might be cool....

gottaluvtink
01-27-2012, 04:11 PM
I would say All Star Movies for a 7 year old boy. The Toy Story section is super fun and there are several movies represented at this resort. The Mighty Ducks pool is fun and never crowded in all our visits. It's not a moderate, but with all the money you save by staying at a value, he can have that much more fun buying stuff! :mickey:

brownie
01-27-2012, 04:21 PM
:welcome:

carpecoffee, welcome to INTERCOT!

For a moderate I'd probably go with Port Orleans Riverside. For the theming for Cars and the Lion King, I'd consider the Art of Animation resort. The suites are beyond a moderate budget and I'm not sure when they'll be opening up the standard rooms, so that may not be a possibility for an October trip.

Jillirose
01-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Pirate themed room at CBR might be cool....
:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
01-27-2012, 09:04 PM
I agree with the recommendations for POR. The grounds are pretty and the slide isn't quite as big as at the other moderates. POR has the advantage of the boat ride to DTD. Personally, I think there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy Cars, Simba, and Jasmine at the parks. You might enjoy having a somewhat less "busy" environment to come home to after your park time.

I also agree with Brear Gnat's recommendation for watching deals for AKL or WL. They might be really close to the cost of the pirate rooms depending on the discounts available.

LudwigVonDrake
01-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Art of Animation resort :wave:

LVT
01-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Port Orleans Riverside was a hit with my son when he was 12. The pools are fun without being being scary.

Alligator Bayou area has 2 bed and a trundle.
He my enjoy having his own bed.

I hope he enjoys the musical Festival of the Lion King. You might want to go on one of the first days. If it is a hit, you could go again.

minnie-mouse
01-31-2012, 09:44 AM
My vote is for All Star Movie resort was well. Great theming for a boy that age. Have fun!