PDA

View Full Version : Best Park Apps?

emerzmom
01-26-2012, 03:46 PM
We are going to WDW in 33 days!!! I can't wait. I have an Android phone and my daughter has a iPhone 4s.
Any recomendations for the best apps for visiting WDW?
I have the free version of Undercover Tourist's WDW app. It gives wait times in the park that are apparently gathered by guests inputting their wait time. Is this an accurate application? Any suggestions on a better application for ride wait times? Also I have seen in some Trip Report posts about dining reservations that can be accessed through an application. Anyone know anything about this? Any other suggestions?
Thanks for any help!
:magic::magic::magic:
Julie

John
01-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Unfortuantely, none of the wait time apps are worth anything - definately don't pay for them. They are horribly innacurate.

Buttercup
01-26-2012, 05:10 PM
John, I've got the same Undercover Tourist one as previously mentioned. I'm sure, because the wait times are just inputted by guests, they are inaccurate. But do you think they give you a "general" idea of how long the wait times are?
I've been watching the wait times (from home) this week for my trip next week, just to get a general sense of what the crowds are going to be like, and none of the lineups listed are very long.
Do you think in that sense, they might not be accurate right down to the minute, but they might be relatively indicative of crowd size?

Strmchsr
01-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Just to check out accuracy and helpfulness, I got the Touring Plans subscription which included the Lines app. I actually found the Lines app to be very accurate on the wait times, especially the guest submitted times due to the "timer" built in to the app. I was pleasantly surprised by the app.

Melanie
01-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Every app I've tried with guest input (and I've tried a lot) have been quite off more often than not. I got a new phone last month and deleted most of my Disney wait time apps. Not worth it. I really wish they'd release something official. With technology as it is today, I can't see that it would be too hard to have something with accurate times.

ETA: I would never pay for an app with this information. Just not worth it to me.

CWM
01-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Touring Plans subscription with the Lines app has been the best for us. I like that they have EMH listed and crowd estimates too but the wait times have always been pretty accurate.

Patricia
01-28-2012, 01:41 AM
I have had no luck with wait apps.
I do use Disney's mobile site and that helps in that it will give me "moderate wait" or "see now". Also the mobile site allows for ADR's for all the restaurants while on the go.

Test it out.. m.disneyworld.com

Camaro305
01-31-2012, 03:12 PM
Disney does have an official one if you use Verizon Wireless. It's called Disney Parks Mobile Magic on the Android market.