PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

DonaldsBFF
01-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Just heard the most horrible thing ever. Our friends nephew who is not quite 5 was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. About a week ago his parents noticed that he was not looking at things straight on but out of the corner of his eyes. They asked him what he was doing and he said that he couldn't see by looking straight. They took him to the doctor and he had an MRI and it found that he had an inoperable advanced tumor. They gave him 9-18 months to live. With having two young kids of my own I can only imagine what the family is going through. I just don't know how life could even go on. I am asking all that I can to keep this little boy and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Please pray and hope for a miracle.

TheVBs
01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Oh my goodness. I can't even imagine. Lots of positive thoughts going to your friend's family. Here's hoping for that miracle!

cer
01-26-2012, 01:48 PM
So very sad.

Praying for this child and family.

clausjo
01-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Please tell them to get another opinion from a doc that specializes in brain tumors! My friend was diagnosed with an inoperable tumor as well. She flew from South FL to Pittsburgh to see a doctor that specializes in inoperable tumors. She was able to have surgery and, while they weren't able to remove it all, they were successful in taking quite a bit of it out.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

buzznwoodysmom
01-26-2012, 02:01 PM
How awful! They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Disney4us2
01-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Please tell them to get another opinion from a doc that specializes in brain tumors! My friend was diagnosed with an inoperable tumor as well. She flew from South FL to Pittsburgh to see a doctor that specializes in inoperable tumors. She was able to have surgery and, while they weren't able to remove it all, they were successful in taking quite a bit of it out.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Ditto.... They should get a second opinion. That is so sad.

Prayers and Pixie dust are on the way.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

CajunDisneyDad
01-26-2012, 02:50 PM
:(praying for your friends family...heartbreaking

vicster
01-26-2012, 03:12 PM
As the mother of two I can't even imagine the heartbreak of something that horrible. Many many prayers will go out to this family.

DVC2004
01-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Oh how horrible! Please, please urge them to get a second or even third opinion! I am so sorry, I will be sure to keep all of them in my thoughts and prayers. As a parent myself I can't even imagine what they mut be going through.

Darbylew
01-26-2012, 04:32 PM
So sorry to hear this. Tell them to get a second opnion. Prayers are coming their way.

ElenitaB
01-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Of course, prayers and :pixie: are on their way.

I do hope that close friends and family are encouraging them to seek a second opinion, or even a third opinion. Right now, the family is just in shock and a second opinion may seem "just too much" and yet another painful thing to do, but I hope that they do seek one out.

faline
01-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Postive thoughts for the terrible ordeal this family is faced with.

Cinderelley
01-26-2012, 09:44 PM
I will definitely be saying prayers and putting this one on our prayer list, but, as a nurse, I completely agree with getting another opinion. Especially somewhere that specializes in that type of problem.

You didn't say where they live, but if they are anywhere near Arizona, Barrow's Neurological Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix is world renowned. They did wonders for my son when he was an infant. They were pioneering a new treatment for his diagnosis at the time. I like to tease him that he was a guinea pig. It is considered the standard treatment now.

vizsla
01-27-2012, 05:13 AM
Prayers on the way.

laprana
01-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Sending lots and lots of prayers to the family for their little boy. I'm so sorry they are going through this right now. I can't even imagine how hard it must be. I agree with everyone else who said to get a second opinion. Could they consider looking into St. Jude's Hospital or another very specialized hospital or treatment center that deals with this type of tumor? I'm keeping the family in my thoughts and prayers.

DonaldsBFF
02-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Got some more information - they got opinions from both Hershey Medical Center and NIH in Bethesda Maryland. Both places gave the same diagnoses. Today he will start the radiation treatments to help reduce the size of the tumor and hopefully relieve the pressure on his eyes.
This past Saturday there was an open house for everybody to come see him before his treatments start. He was running around having a great time with all the other kids and you would never know anything was wrong but then it hits you and you remember what is going on inside of him. It is so horrible what these diseases can do. I am not sure if I am allowed to post this so if not you can let me know but if anyone would like to follow what is going on, the family is posting an update blog on facebook under Ryan's Hope. Please continue to pray and hope that a miracle can happen.

TinkerbellT421
02-01-2012, 10:40 AM
I am so sorry to hear that your friends are going through this, sending my thoughts and prayers to them to get through this.

joanna71985
02-01-2012, 08:52 PM
So sad!! Sending lots of prayers and pixie dust their way

azdisneymom
02-01-2012, 09:49 PM
For 24 hours my son was in danger of losing his life just before Christmas. I still could not imagine how the family of this dear child must be feeling. I believe in miracles. I believe in prayer. I will be praying!

Cinderelly is right, Barrows is an outstanding facility.

RedSoxFan
02-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Sending lots of prayers.

PopPhan
02-02-2012, 09:04 AM
As a fellow 'York-er' I will be spreading the wishes for prayers and adding ours as well. (Not that I wouldn't be doing the same for anyone!!!!)