PDA

View Full Version : Octonauts

gottaluvtink
01-26-2012, 09:51 AM
The Octonauts are very popular around here. I am wondering if anyone has seen any items in the shops. I am going in May and would love to find some new toys or t-shirts!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-07-2012, 07:42 AM
I don't remember seeing anything, but then I wasn't specifically looking for them either.

spoonfulosugar
03-12-2012, 10:51 AM
We were just there and didn't see anything....The show is probably too new. We were there last June as well and there was no Jake stuff. When we were there a few weeks ago Jake items were popping up, but not much. It takes a while I'm guessing because they have to make sure the shows go over well?!?!

Ian
03-12-2012, 11:13 PM
This is a constant problem for parents of young kids when it comes to Disney Junior properties. For us, it dates all the way back to the Playhouse Disney days ... JoJo was huge in our house and there was no JoJo merch around until just about the time DD moved on to something else.

With DS it was Little Einsteins.

It seems like Disney doesn't want to invest in the merch until they know if the show is popular or not, but then with such a short shelf life for toddler age shows they end up not getting the merch out until it's too late.