PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans- French Quarter Question

Spang88
01-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Heading to POFQ later this year. This will be the first time on this property. Anyone have a recommendation as to what building to request?

We will have our 4 and 5 year olds with us. The resort does not look too big (as compared to some other sprawling Disney properties we have stayed at). Building 3 or 4 from looking at the map seem to be my choice as they are closest to the bus and main house. Would anyone agree? Other suggestions? Would it be a far walk to the pool from either building?

Last thing, do both PO resorts share busses? I believe they do. Does that ever cause issues for anyone? We will be going at a pretty good time crowd-wise between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Thanks! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
01-25-2012, 08:38 PM
When we stayed at FQ I think we were in building 5, facing the pool area. This location was excellent. We were steps from everything; the pool, hot tub, playground, laundry room, food court, gift shop, bus stop, and our car in the front parking lot! I'd definitely request that same building if we ever stay there again. Honestly tho, it really doesn't matter where you end up. The resort is so small that no matter the location of your room you are really very close, easily within walking distance, to anything on property!

We were there for 4 nights in late Oct. and we never shared buses with Riverside. I've read many times that they do share buses, but that wasn't the case during our trip.

Spang88
01-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks!

Capt_redshirt
01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
When my family and i stayed last october we were in building 2 and buzzandwoodysmom is right everything is close.. at one point on the way back from one of the parks we shared with por but that was once the entire week

buzznwoodysmom
01-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Ok, I just looked at a map of FQ and I was right, we were in building 5. Building 5 appears to be made up of 3 buildings. We were in the #5 building closest to the foodcourt, giftshop, "lobby", check in. When we walked out our room we were facing the hot tub/laundry room area and, were just steps to the stairs. We never even used the elevators because our room location was so close to the stairs. Hope you have a wonderful time. We loved this resort!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-25-2012, 10:07 PM
We have friends that stay at POFQ EVERY year and have for the last 10 years.....they never request a building as they say it is such a compact resort out of all the others on the property barring the Contemporary.

ewasilau
01-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Same experience as another poster above - we shared a bus with POR once (or maybe twice?) on the way back from a park but otherwise had our own buses (super convenient!). And we were there during a relatively low season (late Jan.) so that will likely be your experience in another low season.

We also found the resort to be super compact - much more so than AKL, where we had stayed previously. You can't go wrong in any building. It was so quick to get to and from the buses and the lobby.

btharvey
01-26-2012, 07:46 AM
I don't think you'll go wrong in any building at POFQ ... it's under-sized, which is really nice. And we never shared a bus with anyone while we were there.

JoF
01-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Love this resort. We have stayed in building 1 and building 6 both times during October.
Never shared any buses with Riverside for either visit. I would think that the buses are only shared during quieter times of the year - but that's just assuming.
Although building 6 was really, very convenient, the resort is incredibly compact compared to other resorts and as others have said, the pool, food court, bus stops etc are all within a short distance.
Another bonus about this resort is the boat to DTD :thumbsup:
Enjoy your trip!

Spang88
01-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies! We are very excited to be staying here and are looking forward to the things you have all listed.

sorcerer fan
01-26-2012, 09:20 AM
when you do share busses you are the first ones on going to parks and first ones off coming back so no big deal unless its at closing time of parks.

biodtl
01-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Honestly, all the buildings in the resort are close to everything. We have never once felt bothered by the walk to/from buses, food, etc - even after a long day in the parks & sore feet.

We've only ever had to share a bus with POR once, and since POFQ was the first stop, we didn't have to worry about getting a seat. It only added a few extra minutes on to the trip.

Kairi_7378
01-27-2012, 08:57 PM
We have stayed at POR and POFQ. We only had to share a bus once, and that was when we were at POR. It was really early in the morning, though.

I don't think you can go wrong with any building at POFQ, but we stayed in building 7 (furthest from the main lobby which really wasn't that far) and that was great. We were VERY close to the bus stop and closest to POR when we wanted to wander over and visit.

LudwigVonDrake
01-28-2012, 03:14 PM
The resort is so compact that you never have a long walk from your room to the main building/bus stops.

While there make sure you get the beignets :tasty: