PDA

View Full Version : Key West Excursion Question

tinkman
01-25-2012, 07:59 AM
We're taking a 5-day cruise in April on the Magic and one day we will be at Key West. Has anyone taken any of the Disney offered excursions? Which ones would you recommend or stay away from?

MarkC
01-27-2012, 07:14 PM
We are leaving on a western Caribbean a week from today and stopping in Key West. Right now our plan is just to walk the town. None of the excursions really looked worth the dollars. I'll report back in a couple of weeks and let you know what we thought. I like to walk and the town is pretty small so I'm hoping we can see a lot in the few hours we have there.

Ed
01-28-2012, 08:18 AM
We've never booked any of the KW excursions, but having been there several times by land, when we arrived on Magic we just roamed the town on our own. There is so much to see and do in downtown KW, specifically along Duval Street, that there's no chance of getting bored. And everything is in easy walking distance of the dock.

tinkman
01-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Thanks so much for the advice and feedback. We were out to dinner last week and happen to run into a couple that travels to Key West alot for vacation and they said to avoid the trams as everything is within walking distance. They also mentioned that around 4:30pm certain vendors start trying to rip people off by trying to charge you for simply picking things off of a shelf and looking at them. They said, "yea, sounds rediculaus, but they will try to intimadate you into paying".