PDA

View Full Version : AP vouchers

SlippyMomma
01-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Do AP vouchers expire? we are planning a trip for july of 2013. if i buy AP vouchers now, will they expire before i activate them? i was hopeing to spread out the cost since i have to buy four of them, and buy one every three months. i know that ticket prices tend to increase each summer, so i might save a little money by getting them in advance also. is that a bad idea?

Pastcastmemberdaughter
01-23-2012, 11:02 PM
From what I understand, no your vouchers will not expire. I bought ours more than a year in advance and didn't activate/turn them in for actual annual passes until we went down. The day you activate them will start your year. :welcome: to Intercot by the way!

DizneyRox
01-24-2012, 06:58 AM
They do not expire... Just remember, if you get a room at the AP rate, you may be asked at checking for your active Annual Pass. If you haven't activated them yet, you may lost your room discount.

APs can be activated at The guest relations windows at the parks and the one at Downtown Disney. I've thought I heard the hotels can too, but haven't heard any confirmations of that.

SlippyMomma
01-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Thanks to all for responding. We will be staying with family who are DVC members. So we won't need them for room check-in. I read several posts that said you could not activate your passes at guest services at the resort. That doesn't sound right though. I know that in 2009 we bought active AP's at guest services at the Dolphin. Does anyone know for certain if I will be able to activate the vouchers at one of the Disney resorts?

faline
01-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Does anyone know for certain if I will be able to activate the vouchers at one of the Disney resorts?

To my knowledge, Annual Pass vouchers can only be activated at Guest Relations at one of the parks or Downtown Disney.

Mickey'sGirl
01-24-2012, 08:59 AM
To my knowledge, Annual Pass vouchers can only be activated at Guest Relations at one of the parks or Downtown Disney.I agree. We were told we had to go to Guest Relations at DTD or the Parks to activate our last year. We have always done it at DTD.

sassafras
01-24-2012, 09:02 AM
We usually activate ours at the Guest Relations window at the International Gateway.

slegrant
01-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Just renewed our annual passes and it can only be done at guest relations at the parks or downtown disney.:mickey:

MrPeetrie
01-24-2012, 10:46 AM
...We were told we had to go to Guest Relations at DTD or the Parks to activate our last year. We have always done it at DTD.

It used to be only at Guest Relations. But last October, I was able to activate my AP voucher at any ticket window at Epcot's entrance.