PDA

View Full Version : DVC and Free Dining

Urbss
01-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Is there such a thing as free dining for DVC guests?

We are planning a trip late this year when they typically offer free dining. I have been researching the DVC option (renting points), but needed to know this first.

Actually, I've been researching becoming a DVC owner, but with the high cost of the annual fees and if free dining is not a possibility, then I don't think I could justify it.

Thanks!!

greengeen
01-23-2012, 08:30 PM
No free dining with DVC. "Free" dining is what you get for paying ridiculously high rack room rates. With DVC, you are getting a big break on deluxe accomodations - a break that gets better each year. Most people do the math and choose DVC.

DizneyRox
01-23-2012, 10:13 PM
As stated, no... When "paying" with points you just get accommodations. You can buy the dining plan if you want.

Urbss
01-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the quick response!

brivers222
01-24-2012, 10:06 AM
I am currently looking at re-buying my DVC (i had to sell it during a divorce 6 years ago) and I will tell you first hand that the hotel savings you get over the lifespan of the DVC purchase far out weighs free dining.

Just as an example on my last trip (non dvc)... I had a MYW package booked with Free Dining. I switched to Full price dining and room discount and SAVED $900 (would have been $1000 but i also went from standard room to Magic Kingdom View)

"free dining" is overrated when you have to pay FULL PRICE for everything else to get it. Dining is minimal in the grand scheme of disney prices

DVC saves you huge off of more than deluxe rooms. the savings of free dining is just a drop in the hat compared.