PDA

View Full Version : Brazillians

ronandjulie
01-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Please don't take this in a bad way, this is a real question. Why do the Brazillian Tour Groups get lead around by flags? I see many, many people from many different countries and they seem to enjoy WDW on their own. Perhaps someone from Brazil or familiar with the BTGs can explain this to me. I don't have an issue with them, I just find it interesting.

Scar
01-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Maybe they learned it from Guano Joe.

Polynesian Dweller
01-23-2012, 06:02 PM
It has nothing to do with nationality per se but with the tour companies. In Niagara Falls here you'll see groups of American's, Japanese, Dutch, you name the nationality, all being led around by a tour leader with a flag. You'll see the same thing in Europe. The tour company guides the tour the entire time you are on the tour and the flag is just part of full tour service.

Altair
01-23-2012, 06:06 PM
I mentioned this to my wife. It seems they would have alot more fun if they broke out into groups of four or five.:confused:

BrerGnat
01-23-2012, 06:48 PM
The flags provide a visual to keep everyone in the group together. That's all. "Follow the flag" is the general rule on large tour groups.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Its for the tour company - so that you know where your leader is and which tour leader is yours, etc. We saw them all over the place in Europe when I was with our HS's German trip a few years back. Our tour company did not use the dorky flags. They figured we were smart enough to find our guide.

BrerGnat
01-24-2012, 09:07 AM
When you take one of Disney's tours in the MK, the tour leader holds up a riding crop. That's the "flag" you have to follow. :mickey:

PopPhan
01-24-2012, 11:00 AM

Scar, you slay me!!! :D

KAJUNKING
01-24-2012, 11:06 AM
you would think they would have a better time breaking into smaller groups

Gator
01-25-2012, 04:27 PM

That was the flag. This is a stick. The flag is what makes all this (wave stick) work.

I love that bit. Wish Joe would be there the next time I'm at WDW.

Scar
01-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Scar, you slay me!!! :DCall me "Killer".

magicofdisney
01-25-2012, 05:34 PM
That was the flag. This is a stick. The flag is what makes all this (wave stick) work.

I love that bit. Wish Joe would be there the next time I'm at WDW.
Is he being replaced?

Scar
01-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Is he being replaced?
"Joe" shares duties with "Jane".

K8screen
01-26-2012, 06:30 AM
I can understand the need to keep tour groups together if you are touring a city, in US, Europe or anywhere else, but surely in an enclosed area like MK people should be able to split into their own groups and do what interests them. It must be awful to have to do rides which scare you or bore you just because the group has to stay togetther. I have taken groups of teens to Disneyland Paris, and they all split off and did their own thing, (except for a few who chose to stay with me, for part of the time at least, cos they knew I was a Disney "expert" and planned to do the same sort of things as they wanted!)

#1donaldfan
01-26-2012, 01:57 PM
I can certainly understand using a flag to get everone in and then back out to their transportation, however to be led around the entire day at Disney would be terrible. You know how some people are and have to "GO" all the time....does the group have to stop at each restroom ??? Plus, one or two will run ahead and secure a spot in line, then the whole crowd converges on the line, sorta "skipping" line....nuff said......:cool:

Butters
01-26-2012, 02:47 PM
How do I get a job carrying the flag in a tour group? How great would it be to get paid to lead people around Disney? :mickey:

Skippy
02-04-2012, 08:02 AM
If I'm going to lead a group around, I'd much rather be a guest relations CM and do the tours like UnDISCOVERed Future World or Keys to the Kingdom.

Smaller your group and likely more interested in what you have to say/are doing.

SandmanGStefani24
02-04-2012, 12:51 PM
was just there and it looks like they have gotten the hint and have started breaking up the groups. only one team stuck to the big 50 or so lines but at least two of the other groups broke up and you would only see like 3 or 4 at a time (same outfits and backpacks) so it made things easier.

Our school MADE us break into groups of no more than 5-6 when we went in high school. I think that was an excellent idea...

sportsguy2315
02-05-2012, 10:44 AM
How do I get a job carrying the flag in a tour group? How great would it be to get paid to lead people around Disney? :mickey:

When I was on the College Program, I had a Brazilian roommate for about two months (Really nice guy, the only real annoying thing is that he'd play nothing but Adele and Lady Gaga on his computer), and I asked him that. Basically, all you really need is to be fluent in Portuguese and have a knowledge of Disney.