PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle FROM Disney resort to Airport: NOT Magical Express?

Buttercup
01-23-2012, 01:59 PM
We have a large grand gathering planned in the next couple weeks! :cloud9:
Just found out my brother in law is able to join us as well, but only for a couple of days.
It's a long and confusing story to type out, so I won't bore you with all the details, but here's the bottom line:

He's not going to be using Magical Express. (like I said it's a long story!)
He only requires a trip BACK to the airport by himself, from All Star Movies.

I'm looking at all the town car services, and taxis, etc. but they're all close to $70 for a ride back to the airport. Since he's just going to the airport by himself, he's perfectly happy saving some money and taking some other kind-of shuttle like Mears.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Is Mears really the only shuttle from resorts back to the airport (i.e. - shared transportation with others - he doesn't need a whole town car or taxi to himself!).

Suggestions?

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-23-2012, 03:12 PM
I would contact Mears directly. I know they have "shared rides", and I'm pretty sure they pick-up & drop-off at the Swan & Dolphin, since you can't use ME to those resorts.

wdwfansince75
01-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Last year, two of our party used the LYNX buses....run hourly between TTC, DTD, and MCO. Costs about $5 each way...bus meanders a bit, so the ride was about 45-50 minutes. They each had at least one bag, plus carry on, but insisted it was not a problem...don't know the exact times or bus number..think it is posted on LYNX website.

CleveRocks
02-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Is your brother-in-law named on the reservation, or are you kind of sneaking him into the room?

Because if he's named on the reservation, he's entitled to a Disney's Magical Express ride back to the airport no matter what day he leaves (as long as it's not AFTER the check-out day). In other words, he's NOT disqualified from using DME due to the fact that he's leaving earlier than the rest of the people on the reservation.

I hope that helps.