PDA

View Full Version : What Is "Idol" Prattle For?

Ian
01-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Kinda surprised we haven't had an AI thread going yet? Is everyone that disinterested this year?

John
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Last nite's show was the most boring I have ever seen. Everyone - you all go thru.

Bleck. :sick:

MNNHFLTX
01-23-2012, 02:44 PM
I've been watching the audition shows, but I guess they haven't impressed me enough one way or the other to make me feel like posting about it. And frankly, if the judges continue to do the "650% yes!" or "a gazillion times yes!" spiel much more, I will be turning them off.

SBETigg
01-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Not loving it. Didn't watch last night.

Melanie
01-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Same show, different year x 11.

Ratings are dropping.

BrerGnat
01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
We just can't believe some of the people being given tickets to Hollywood. It's borderline mean...many of these people have NO shot at winning this...NONE. This show is more than half dead, at this point.

And, where's all the BAD auditions??? That's the entertainment right there!

Melanie
01-23-2012, 07:05 PM
So I'm seeing they put Jim Carrey's daughter through. How was she?

SBETigg
01-23-2012, 07:47 PM

I looked her up. She wasn't bad, but she's not one of the best. Great personality, so that might help.

Yes, I do miss the bad auditions. We can see the good people later. I like to see some more of the truly misguided. The judges don't have to be mean, I just like to see people who really think they can sing and then, nope.

PirateLover
01-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Last night's was a major snooze. And, last week the 2nd episode had only good singers as well. All went through but 1 (coal miner) and he still had a pretty decent voice. I, for one, am ok without all the train wrecks. One here and there is good for a laugh, but I appreciate hearing good singers more than bad. After the mess that was X Factor, I actually am enjoying having Idol back, personally.

Melanie
01-23-2012, 08:13 PM
I enjoyed X Factor, but I think I'm going to give The Voice a try. Different concept, which seems refreshing at this point.

Besides the tired concept, the judges on Idol just don't do it for me. JLo has turned out to be exactly what I thought she was personally, and Stephen Tyler is just kinda old and gross, and tries too hard to be young and hip. And well Randy is just Randy.

DizneyRox
01-23-2012, 10:18 PM
I didn't realize I was still on... Haven't watched one episode, ever... I don't plan on starting now...

PirateLover
01-23-2012, 10:36 PM
I enjoyed X Factor, but I think I'm going to give The Voice a try. Different concept, which seems refreshing at this point.

Besides the tired concept, the judges on Idol just don't do it for me. JLo has turned out to be exactly what I thought she was personally, and Stephen Tyler is just kinda old and gross, and tries too hard to be young and hip. And well Randy is just Randy.
I think X Factor went way over the top, was more about the judges than the contestants (even more so than Idol) and also I thought the age limit was too young. I stopped watching midway through because I didn't really like many of the performers.

The Voice is cool. The worst part of it is Carson Daly as host. Between him and that guy from X Factor, it's really made me come to appreciate Ryan Seacrest's hosting ability! It's definitely a different vibe, and I like it.

Last year during the auditions, I had high hopes for the new judges. It seems like in the auditions and hollywood rounds, they are good. Hollywood week was awesome last year, in my opinion. Once the show started, it was all sunshine lollipops all the time. Steven in particular is just in outer space during the live shows. I ended up DVRing it and just skipped through all their comments. So I'll see what happens this season.

TheDuckRocks
01-24-2012, 08:12 AM

Just my opinion - She would never have made it through if her daddy wasn't Jim Carey. But I don't think half of the ones they let through come close to being AI material. They are putiing so many through this year it will be interesting to see what the total is for the Hollywood group.

SBETigg
01-24-2012, 08:22 AM
My problem with Idol this time seems to be that there's also X Factor, The Voice, America's Got Talent. I'm just done with it. Idol no longer feels fresh and distinctive in the field and my amusement with the whole format is gone. I can't watch any of them. I try, but I end up getting a lot of writing done in front of the screen and not really paying attention after a while. Now I'm more into shows with great stories and plots, like Downton Abbey.

Melanie
01-24-2012, 08:32 AM
My problem with Idol this time seems to be that there's also X Factor, The Voice, America's Got Talent. I'm just done with it. Idol no longer feels fresh and distinctive in the field and my amusement with the whole format is gone. I can't watch any of them. I try, but I end up getting a lot of writing done in front of the screen and not really paying attention after a while. Now I'm more into shows with great stories and plots, like Downton Abbey.

True Sherri, and I sure could have written this post myself (except for the writing part ;) ).

And when I sit and think about it, I've only ever followed one artist after Idol, and that was Chris Daughtry. And to an extent Carrie Underwood, but that's just because she was such a success.

SBETigg
01-24-2012, 08:54 AM
True Sherri, and I sure could have written this post myself (except for the writing part ;) ).

And when I sit and think about it, I've only ever followed one artist after Idol, and that was Chris Daughtry. And to an extent Carrie Underwood, but that's just because she was such a success.

I still like Adam Lambert. I've actually bought his music, which I can't say for the others. He's so over the top, and my daughter and I enjoy belting out his songs in the car- our guilty pleasure, when it's just the two of us. And now she's away at school again and I miss her, especially when the Adam Lambert songs come on and I have to sing alone. But I also like to see Kelly Clarkson doing well, I think because she was the first.

PirateLover
01-24-2012, 03:04 PM
I do feel the same in a way. I used to be kind of obsessed with American Idol. Now, if I miss it, it's not a big deal. I also do work during the show most of the time. It's not one I need to devote my full attention to. Still, it remains my favorite of all the singing shows out there.

JanetMegan
01-25-2012, 08:30 AM
I still like Adam Lambert. I've actually bought his music, which I can't say for the others. He's so over the top, and my daughter and I enjoy belting out his songs in the car- our guilty pleasure, when it's just the two of us. And now she's away at school again and I miss her, especially when the Adam Lambert songs come on and I have to sing alone. But I also like to see Kelly Clarkson doing well, I think because she was the first.

I'm the same way with Adam Lambert ;) What a showman huh?

I haven't watched any of Idol yet-not sure I will. DBF has been watching since I have been out of town and he says he misses the "bad" auditions. Which is always my least favorite part ;)

Ian
01-25-2012, 08:01 PM
And frankly, if the judges continue to do the "650% yes!" or "a gazillion times yes!" spiel much more, I will be turning them off.Okay yeah that's just incredibly irritating. :mad:

I, for one, am ok without all the train wrecks. One here and there is good for a laugh, but I appreciate hearing good singers more than bad.I agree. In fact, I often skip the first few weeks just to get shake the dirty feeling I used to get from watching all those people publicly humiliate themselves. I'm actually glad they're focusing more on the good auditions.

Carol
01-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Loved the first season of The Voice. I think you'll enjoy it Mel.

SBETigg
01-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Okay yeah that's just incredibly irritating. :mad:

I agree. In fact, I often skip the first few weeks just to get shake the dirty feeling I used to get from watching all those people publicly humiliate themselves. I'm actually glad they're focusing more on the good auditions.

We got some bad singers last night, and I didn't feel dirty. There were people who thought they could sing, and really had to hear the "no." But it was all done nicely, like a reality check, and not the Simon way, or with laughing at people. And it was still boring. I think they really should just skip ahead to Hollywood week. With Simon gone and the "kinder, gentler" Idol, it seems that all of this is just throat-clearing, and let's get to the point or forget it.

TheDuckRocks
01-27-2012, 10:25 AM
We will be watching the show next week that was filmed in Portland, OR for sure. I have just found out that one of the girls who was in "Bye, Bye Birdie" with our grandson this year went to that audition. She started her journey winning one of the passes at the American Idol show at DIsney Hollywood Studios.

SBETigg
01-27-2012, 11:20 AM
We will be watching the show next week that was filmed in Portland, OR for sure. I have just found out that one of the girls who was in "Bye, Bye Birdie" with our grandson this year went to that audition. She started her journey winning one of the passes at the American Idol show at DIsney Hollywood Studios.

That's great! One of my son's HS classmates is on Broadway now, and she was in a TV movie (playing a Betty White character in her younger years). It's wonderful to see them grow up and get out there to follow their dreams.

TheDuckRocks
01-27-2012, 12:50 PM
That's great! One of my son's HS classmates is on Broadway now, and she was in a TV movie (playing a Betty White character in her younger years). It's wonderful to see them grow up and get out there to follow their dreams.

I think I remember that movie. Was it about the 2nd World War and then present day, maybe valentine theme?
It is fun watching a regular kid going on to fullfil their dreams.
Lightbulb moment! That's probably way I so enjoy American Idol - good, bad, soso or truely awful at least this people are trying to catch a dream.

SBETigg
03-29-2012, 03:03 PM
So who is watching now that it is down to finalists? I'm still with it. Unbelievably. But only because nothing else is on that interests me once Survivor ends. We flip during commercials, and then catch the last hour.

It seems some of them are very different from week to week. I did not like Elise until last night, and she won me over with Led Zeppelin. I have always disliked Jessica Sanchez. I don't know why exactly, but I'm not buying her "I can't believe you like me" schtick. She over sings, is always pitchy and warbly, and the judges adore her. Not a fan. Phillip Phillips had me from the start, love him. And the rest, I go up and down on. Though I think Deandre and Heejun should probably go next.

What do you think?

MNNHFLTX
03-29-2012, 04:20 PM
I think the finalists have been very good this year. That said I find that I am not enjoying the show as much anymore and if I watch it I fast-forward so that I only watch the individual performances and I don't watch the results show at all. After so many years it seems stale and the novelty of J.Lo and Steven Tyler has worn off.

Anyway, as far as the finalists left, I think Elise is probably the best, but I like Hollie, Colton (although his Flock of Seagulls haircut looks kind of silly to me) and Heejun (as much for comedy relief as for singing). Phillip seemed unique at first, but now all his performances are starting to sound the same to me. The other singers are not bad, they just have little things that bug me--like Jessica's little microphone tap (more like a flutter) and Deandre's hair thing--ugh!

Ian
03-31-2012, 09:38 AM
I think it's safe to say I'm officially over Idol. Didn't watch but a few early episodes last season and same this season.

Turn Idol over. It's done. ;)

wildernesslady
03-31-2012, 02:29 PM
I think it's safe to say I'm officially over Idol. Didn't watch but a few early episodes last season and same this season.

Turn Idol over. It's done. ;)

Ditto. I keep trying to watch it, but wind up changing the channel every time.

Ian
03-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Ditto. I keep trying to watch it, but wind up changing the channel every time.Same here ... I always end up watching something more compelling like "Grass Growing Live!" and "My Big, Fat, Weeping Bunion."

PirateLover
04-01-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm watching more out of force of habit than anything. None of these contestants really do it for me. Long gone are the days when I'd look forward to each week, critiquing each contestant and getting outraged over outcomes.

SBETigg
04-01-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm watching more out of force of habit than anything. None of these contestants really do it for me. Long gone are the days when I'd look forward to each week, critiquing each contestant and getting outraged over outcomes.

Yes, I agree. It's just not the same. It was on the way out before Simon left, really. I think the last season I got excited about was the Kris Allen-Adam Lambert season.

TheDuckRocks
04-06-2012, 08:11 AM
HeeHaw! He's gone.

SBETigg
04-06-2012, 10:09 AM
HeeHaw! He's gone.

Oh, about time. That cute little Hollie never chooses the right song and it's going to do her in soon, plus Elise just never caught on with the demographic I think. I loved her Led Zeppelin week, but otherwise, she's not going to last. But DeAndre's not quite in the same league as the rest. Yet. Maybe with some vocal study.

TinkerbellT421
04-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Oh, about time. That cute little Hollie never chooses the right song and it's going to do her in soon, plus Elise just never caught on with the demographic I think. I loved her Led Zeppelin week, but otherwise, she's not going to last. But DeAndre's not quite in the same league as the rest. Yet. Maybe with some vocal study.

I am so glad D'Andre or however it's spelt is gone, I could not STAND HIM. I also do not care for Elise. She has an interesting voice, but I just can't stand her attitude, she never takes criticism well, she gets all attitudy in her facial expressions. When other contestants hug her she acts like they are trying to give her herpes or something. She irritates me. Plus out of the remaining contestants there are better singers than her. But like the rest of you, Idol is getting old, fast. I can't seem to stay interested long enough anymore.

PirateLover
04-07-2012, 08:43 PM
I think Hollie was worse than de'andre this week, but he was certainly not good enough to win so it's not a big deal he's gone. Hopefully Hollie is next to go. I also have not been a big Elyse fan but she was baaad this week. I do get a bit of an offfputting vibe sometimes. In the same manner I am so over Phillip. I can't stand it when contestants get this you-can't-change-me attitude. Reality check- you auditioned for AMERICAN IDOL! You have to know that to a certain extent you must buy in to the cheesiness and play the game, or you'll make enemies that you won't recover from. Anyone heard anything from Lee DeWyze lately? Not saying it isn't good to see contestants buck the system sometimes but his comments on the results show irked me a bit.

As for the rest... Colton I like but not as much as I WANT to like him. His voice is a bit too nasally for me. Joshua isn't bad but I think he over sings too much. Skylar is cute but you guys know country has never been my thing. Jessica is my pick to win. We are due for another girl, and there is just something about her I really find myself liking. Loved her duet with Joshua last week.

SBETigg
04-07-2012, 10:44 PM
I can't stand Jessica. Really do not like her voice at all, and not buying her humble bit. Also, Joshua had one strong week and since then it has been the same ol' schtick. Still, he made Jessica look like a backup singer, and for that I loved him. Jessica has no vocal control. She's pitchy and all over the place and the judges never call her on it. So, hey, maybe it's just me, or... her cuteness is winning people over.

TheDuckRocks
04-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Oh, goody someone else who doesn't like Jessica. I just can't see what the big deal is about her.

PirateLover
04-09-2012, 12:23 PM
With Jessica, I guess for once maybe I'm buying into the "SHE'S ONLY 16!" hype, which I never did before. To me she is definitely the most polished of any of the young contestants we've seen over the years. She's not perfect, but I think last week she showed that she is an entertainer, not just a pageant ballad-singing robot like Hollie. She's not the most amazing singer ever, but of the girls, I think she's got the most potential. Hey, it wouldn't be American Idol if we all agreed!

laprana
04-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I can't stand Jessica. Really do not like her voice at all, and not buying her humble bit. Also, Joshua had one strong week and since then it has been the same ol' schtick. Still, he made Jessica look like a backup singer, and for that I loved him. Jessica has no vocal control. She's pitchy and all over the place and the judges never call her on it. So, hey, maybe it's just me, or... her cuteness is winning people over.

Oh, goody someone else who doesn't like Jessica. I just can't see what the big deal is about her.

I agree about Jessica. She has a good voice, but there are others who are definitely better this season. And I also don't buy her humble act. It's very fake to me and I almost can't stand watching her make her "Oh, my, is that for me?" face when the audience is clapping for her performance or the judges are complimenting her. It's very transparent.

SBETigg
04-09-2012, 05:47 PM
With Jessica, I guess for once maybe I'm buying into the "SHE'S ONLY 16!" hype, which I never did before. To me she is definitely the most polished of any of the young contestants we've seen over the years. She's not perfect, but I think last week she showed that she is an entertainer, not just a pageant ballad-singing robot like Hollie. She's not the most amazing singer ever, but of the girls, I think she's got the most potential. Hey, it wouldn't be American Idol if we all agreed!

Only 16, but Jessica has been singing onstage since she was a little girl. She was on America's Got Talent at age 11. She has had the experience of singing to large audiences on stage, so the "oh shucks, are you clapping for me?" routine is so contrived.

Hollie might be a little older, but I think she has had far less experience at this, which probably accounts for the wooden appearance more than pageant experience. She doesn't strike me as a pageant girl. Maybe she was. Did they say she was? I might have missed it. But, yeah, would be boring if we all agreed.

PirateLover
04-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Would everyone who doesn't like Jessica (Which seems to be everyone but me, LOL!) care to share who they think the best singer is this season? Just curious. Personality aside, I do think she has one of (if not THE)best straight up voices.

I don't know if Hollie was ACTUALLY in a pageant. Pageant-Bot is just a word I've used to describe ballad singers who falter when they try to go uptempo or who can't put the right emotion in the song. Remember Pia last year? Everyone thought she'd be a big star but now where is she? She can't go up tempo. Carrie Underwood was a pageant bot on the show, but look how she blossomed. You have to show growth and I think Hollie just isn't growing as fast as the rest with her stage presence.

Back to Jessica, I also don't quite believe the humility thing, but on the flip side of the token, if she were out there every week saying "Yeah, I'm awesome and I know it! These people know I'm a star!" We'd all be getting on her for being full of herself. I'm sure it's difficult to find the balance there... remember American Idol, like all reality competition shows is a GAME and you have to play the right way to keep getting voted through. I had no idea she was on AGT, so obviously her experience has helped her become "polished" as I termed her earlier.

SBETigg
04-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Oh yeah, Pia was awful for me, too. Hollie really needs to break out of that. I see what you mean.

I think there are far more talented singers over Jessica. Some of them have been eliminated. It's not always the best singers who stick around. I think Elise is far more talented, but she's failing to connect with the audience, possibly the attitude problems mentioned. I think Joshua is talented, but he keeps taking it way over the top. Phillip is great, but getting boring. It's hard to say what I want to see, but this bunch pretty much isn't it-- and Jessica is definitely not the one for me. Can I see her winning, though, yes. And I could see Skylar making it, too. Considering last year's outcome, I think country music is doing well with Idol viewers.

TinkerbellT421
04-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I, personally, enjoy Colton. I would actually buy his music, the other, not so much. I think it all depends on your style of music. Hollie is too ballady-blah for me, Jessica, I don't understand the hooplah, Elise, she's got talent but can't stand her personality so just for that I wouldn't care if she got voted off tomorrow, Phillip Phillips is good but sometimes I think he comes off too cocky, Skylar is good, but as far as winning? Winning no, but I would definitely listen to her music.

But to make a long answer short, I enjoy Colton's pure true talent such as guitar, piano, singing, keyboard, he could do so much with that much talent, plus he's emo-ish/rock-ish which I love. lol

TheDuckRocks
04-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Maryanne, here's my list of who I do like starting with my least favorite first:
Goldie Locks - but he's history.:yay:
Skylar - Can't stand her, not her singing, the way she looks or her stage moves.:ack:
Jessica - Having lived in Hawaii you would see clons of her in every karaoke bar nightly. Yes, at 16 as minors you may go into bars if with their parents. DIme a dozen. Fake. :shrug:
Holly - I think we may see a big break down with her soon. I don't think she's mature enough for Idol yet and probably would never win anyhow.:baby:
Phillip - Boring. :bored:
Elise - She really can sing, sometimes....when she wants to....:confused: Overall she just doesn't seem like she really wants to play well with others.
Joshua - For the type of singing he does he is very good, I can see him being big in gospel music.:bow:
Colton - Well, I guess he would be my pick for being able to carry a win off. Do I like him? Sometimes.:piano:
Golly, I just realized I'm wasting time waching a group of people I really don't think deserve to win.

PirateLover
04-10-2012, 04:38 PM
'm wasting time waching a group of people I really don't think deserve to win.

You crack me up!!! :rotfl: I agree that Colton overall is the best ARTIST. And I do think that Jessica is way too overhyped by the judges which can definitely backfire.

SBETigg
04-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Colton is good. I keep forgetting about him, though.

PirateLover
04-11-2012, 10:30 PM
I think there were a few missed opportunities tonight. I didn't recognize 3 of the songs and I'm sure there are some of you who didn't recognize more. I'm ranking from my favorite to least favorite on tonight's performances.
1. Joshua brought it on an uptempo Bruno Mars song. I think he might be my new fave. I would love to see him try some Jackie Wilson. I think He would kill it!
2. Skylar. Didnt know it but I liked it!
3. Colton-a little pitchy
4. Phillip-A little boring
5. Jessica- A little over dramatic (maybe I'm suddenly over her?)
6. Elyse- wanted to like it, started good, but I felt the arrangment was awful and her improvs were way off pitch. Not sure what the judges heard.
7. Hollie- whole thing seemed slightly off pitch and she just doesn't bring enough emotion.

TheDuckRocks
04-12-2012, 12:07 PM
1. Joshua brought it on an uptempo Bruno Mars song. I think he might be my new fave. I would love to see him try some Jackie Wilson. I think He would kill it!

Agreed! I also think he could kill Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, and Sam Cooke.
I think we will be seeing either Holly or Elise going home tonight.

SBETigg
04-12-2012, 04:12 PM
I think Hollie or Elise are most in danger. Hollie chose another song too big for her, and too mature. Simon would have told her, weeks ago, to act her age, to be young and fun, not forty. Elise was good, but that audience connection still isn't there for her. A lot of people really like Phillip, myself included, but he is pretty boring, and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes before people expect him to go. Have I said before (probably) that Skylar reminds me so much of muppet Polly Darton? I can't look at her without thinking of Sesame Street.

TheDuckRocks
04-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Well, you sure could see that save coming. So glad the save is no longer in play now. Some of the remarks about Jessica being all so wonderful sure must have made the other contestants feel pretty darn bad. Not nice.

TinkerbellT421
04-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Well, you sure could see that save coming. So glad the save is no longer in play now. Some of the remarks about Jessica being all so wonderful sure must have made the other contestants feel pretty darn bad. Not nice.

Agreed! I really do not think she was good at all. When they did the trio song she was awful! She was entirely off pitch the entire time, so much that she threw the other two off a couple times and then all the judges could do was give them praise when it was an awful rendition. And then when Jessica started singing last night for the save she was off pitch! How do they NOT see this!?!?!? I hope she ends up getting voted off next week anyway. :mad:

SBETigg
04-13-2012, 09:30 AM
I might be biased because I don't like Jessica, but I don't think she's a very skilled singer. She's all over the place with pitch. I don't get the judges love for her. But I thought the running onstage was very tacky and rude to the other contestants. It made it all about the judges when it should be all about the contestants. And to show that kind of bias for one contestant is kind of a slap in the face to everyone who has been up there singing for the save, and everyone still there.

But I always thought the "judge's save" idea was disrespectful to the audience. When they start each week boasting about how many people have voted, then why assume we're not voting the right way? Even if Jessica was the best singer in the world, there's a reason why people didn't vote for her. Same reason Jennifer Hudson didn't stick around on her season. It's not always about the talent, but also about charm and ability to inspire the audience.

PirateLover
04-14-2012, 11:03 AM
I was not shocked at all. The save HAD to be used this week or next. There was no way they wouldn't use it because Idol lost a week when they kicked Jermaine off and still eliminated Shannon.

But I always thought the "judge's save" idea was disrespectful to the audience. When they start each week boasting about how many people have voted, then why assume we're not voting the right way?
I don't have a problem with the save. It's not like they are changing the outcome and sending someone else home instead. If America really doesn't like the person, they'll go home the following week anyway. I agree Randy was quite hyperbolic with his comments, and I don't think it's a matter of people not voting the right way. I think it's a matter of wanting to save people who maybe had not so good weeks. I could be wrong but I don't think Jessica has ever been in the bottom three. Hollie fans probably dialed and clicked their little fingers off because she got the worst judges comments, and Jessica fans probably weren't so passionate because the judges are so lavishing with their praise-or there might've been a backlash against that.
I don't think America got it right when Chris Daughtry left before Kat McPhee or Tamyra Grey left before Nikki McKibben. At any rate, the save wouldn't have rescued them because they were top 4 eliminations.
I don't think Jessica has a shot at winning now though. I think the judges did more harm than good. They could've just stayed in their seats and cut her off like they did with Casey last year.

SBETigg
04-14-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't have a problem with the save. It's not like they are changing the outcome and sending someone else home instead. If America really doesn't like the person, they'll go home the following week anyway.

I liked Casey. I think I was actually glad they had the save last time, so you're right. I really disliked the way they did it this time, and I think it was the whole J-Lo storming the stage bit. It just stopped being about Jessica at that point, and it seemed so obnoxious to me. So I guess it's really not that there's a judges save that bothers me overall. Jessica didn't really have a bad week over any other week, though. I think she's overrated by the judges and possibly producers, but they are the experts. I just know what I like and don't like.

PirateLover
04-14-2012, 01:59 PM
I liked Casey. I think I was actually glad they had the save last time, so you're right. I really disliked the way they did it this time, and I think it was the whole J-Lo storming the stage bit. It just stopped being about Jessica at that point, and it seemed so obnoxious to me. So I guess it's really not that there's a judges save that bothers me overall. Jessica didn't really have a bad week over any other week, though. I think she's overrated by the judges and possibly producers, but they are the experts. I just know what I like and don't like.
I agree they were totally obnoxious about it. And, they aren't always right. Jimmy LOVED Pia and thought she had star potential... While I don't agree that Jessica's pitch is all over the place, I also don't think she is the best singer in America or whatever goofy thing Randy said!!! By the way you are dead on with the Skylar/Polly Darton comparison!:D

TheDuckRocks
05-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Well, it's been since the 14th of April that anyone has posted. This has to go down as the most boring Idol season ever!
Congrats to Phillip (:sleepin:) and I hope his health issues are resolved.