PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Adventure

DisnIse
01-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Hi,
We are going on the Dream in July and I'd like to take the kids on one of the dolphin experiences. Money is a BIG factor... so does anyone have advice? Is it truly a get-what-you-pay-for type of thing?
The kids are turning-9-while-on-the-cruise and 13, if that matters.

susie & perla's mom
01-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I would check out the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter. We did the Atlantis twice and tried Blue Lagoon last time we were on a cruise (Dream)and I honestly enjoyed the Blue Lagoon much better. It's more relaxing with lots of shades and hammocks in the Island. And I do believe it's much cheaper too!

DisnIse
01-23-2012, 03:24 PM
It IS cheaper. I'm glad you said it was worthwhile. It truly will be a once in a lifetime, so I don't want to make it the discount outlet of dolphin experiences.... but the prices at Atlantis scare the heck out of me!

goofyfan4466
01-25-2012, 05:01 PM
I would check out the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter. We did the Atlantis twice and tried Blue Lagoon last time we were on a cruise (Dream)and I honestly enjoyed the Blue Lagoon much better. It's more relaxing with lots of shades and hammocks in the Island. And I do believe it's much cheaper too!

where is blue lagoon island located & is there some where to get info. ?

DVC2004
01-26-2012, 09:57 AM
We stayed at Atlantis in 2009 for a week and we opted for the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin swim. First, it cost less and second, you didn't have to be a strong swimmer. One of my kids at the time wasn't, so we felt this was a better option. I think they have an iteraction too- if you don't want to swim with them or spend the $ to swim. We loved it; it was worth every penny and probably one of the most memorable experiences we've had. We have video from them of experience and the dolphins pushing us through the water.

Everything at Atlantis is overpriced. Believe me...

DVC2004
01-26-2012, 09:59 AM
where is blue lagoon island located & is there some where to get info. ?

You take a boat over, it's not too far probably 25 min boat ride from the port. There is info on Disney Cruise website under ports- Bahamas/Nassau- shore adventures. They also have their own website but it's easy to reserve through Disney if you are cruising with them.

We will be there for the beach day next week, no dolphins for us this time but I highly recommend it.

susie & perla's mom
01-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Oh thank you DVC2004 for giving the info. I highly recommend the Blue Lagood Island if you are making a stop at Nassau. The Atlantis is just too overrated for me, and overpriced too!

Veectoor
01-28-2012, 03:12 PM
We did Blue Lagoon in October and loved it. Not having done Atlantis, I can't give a first hand comparison. However, I do regret not getting over to Blue Lagoon sooner and hanging out on their beach before and/or after (we have the last encounter of the day).

DisnIse
01-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Nothing I've read on any message board has said that Atlantis is worth the hype (or the money).

Getting excited --- 165 days to go!