PDA

View Full Version : MYW tix question

emfleck
01-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Do you save any money by purchasing MYW tickets early online rather then waiting to purchase them at the gate? We will be getting 5 day tix. Thanks!

faline
01-23-2012, 11:29 AM
No difference in cost. You can save a little by using Intercot sponsor - The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx?affid=TC21LBC)

wendybird
01-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Okay - I think I understand this, but to check.....If booking with Magical Journeys, if I buy discounted tickets from the sponsor, I would only book the hotel room from Magical Journeys...?? Correct?? So mayber get a AAA room discount. So if a better offer on a package (say 20% discount or free dining) comes out, I would have to book the PACKAGE WITH TICKETS through Magical Journeys and not buy MYW tickets elsewhere?? Am I correct? :confused:

brivers222
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM
sending you a PM fellow Michigander

Buttercup
01-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Okay - I think I understand this, but to check.....If booking with Magical Journeys, if I buy discounted tickets from the sponsor, I would only book the hotel room from Magical Journeys...?? Correct?? So mayber get a AAA room discount. So if a better offer on a package (say 20% discount or free dining) comes out, I would have to book the PACKAGE WITH TICKETS through Magical Journeys and not buy MYW tickets elsewhere?? Am I correct? :confused:
You've got it right:
- Book your room only reservation through Magical Journeys. You can get a AAA room discount, or depending on when you're travelling, there may be other room-only discounts available for that time (you don't need to buy passes when you're getting a room-only discount). Magical Journeys can tell you what room-only discounts are available.
- Purchase your park tickets separately from The Official Ticket Center and save a few bucks!

I forget who it was here on Intercot, but somebody worked it out that Free Dining isn't necessarily the greatest deal possible.
That's because with Free Dining, you are forced to:
a) pay FULL rack rates for your resort room, and
b) pay FULL Disney rates for park passes for everyone in your room.
Once you've paid full-price for all of that, then they'll give you the free dining plan.

Whereas, if you got a pretty good room-only discount, and bought your passes from The Official Ticket Centre, and then just paid cash for your dining, you may actually save money!

In the end, it boils down to how much you estimate spending in cash on food & dining for your trip. That will determine if the Free Dining is worth it or not.

wendybird
01-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Thank you so much for the info. It never occured to me that Free Dining would not be the best savings - did not know about paying full price for the rest. I guess I will really do the numbers - right now it sounds like room discount and discount tickets are the way to go for us .....Thanks, again!:mickey:

Buttercup
01-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Thank you so much for the info. It never occured to me that Free Dining would not be the best savings - did not know about paying full price for the rest. I guess I will really do the numbers - right now it sounds like room discount and discount tickets are the way to go for us .....Thanks, again!:mickey:
No problem! :thumbsup:

brivers222
01-24-2012, 09:57 AM

Through MJs we saved $900 off our trip just by switching from Free Dining to Room discount.... granted we were at a deluxe resort so the % off was more. But still that is a huge difference between free dining versus paying for full dining and getting a room discount. All other things were held constant.