PDA

View Full Version : eTextbooks

azdisneymom
01-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Going back to school after XXXXX years :blush: and was wondering where is a good place to purchase eTextbooks for college? Thanks.

VWL Mom
01-22-2012, 08:56 PM
DS gets his through his campus bookstore which is run by Barnes & Noble. The selection is pretty limited though, I'm sure selling hard-cover is much more lucrative for them.

BTW, kudos to you for going back!

Juicy1122
01-22-2012, 09:44 PM
The Kindle and Nook both selling textbooks now. I have used the nook for textbooks before and you can either buy or rent the books for a certain amount of months. You can also read them on a nook or on your computer.

A Big Kid
01-23-2012, 12:19 PM
I used zinio.

garymacd
01-24-2012, 06:53 PM
I just got an email the other day (unsolicited, thank you very much) from a company called touchtextbooks dot com. (hope I haven't broken any rules of use here). They apparently have over 3 million free textbooks available for download.

I went to the website and looked around. It did look like a legitimate site with free texts. There is a one-time registration fee of about $50 right now. Apparently, all you have to do is pay the fee, which is refundable if they don't have your textbook, type in the exact name of the book and download it.

It supports all ereader formats including smartphones, ipads and android devices.

All I can say is check it out, and let us all know.