PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Head Island

tundramom
01-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Hi fellow Intercotees... never been to HHI. Let me preface by saying we don't eat seafood. Looking for:
1. dining recommendations
2. attractions
3. any hidden gems or tips
thanks to all!:number1:

TheDuckRocks
01-22-2012, 07:48 PM
I am sending you a PM with 2 websites that we have found to be very useful for restaurants. A lot of the menus are viewable.

tundramom
01-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Thank you!

SD Price
01-26-2012, 12:07 PM
We travel to HH a lot and just purchased points at the DVC HHI resort. I'm linking to a little trip thread I wrote back a couple of years ago, it may answer a couple of your questions. Link (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=166026)

Scott

awaggett
01-30-2012, 04:54 PM
We've been going to HHI several times a year for many years. We love the beach, pools, tennis, and relaxing. We tend to spend time at South Beach and Harbor Town for walking around and sight-seeing. We like to take boat tours from Harbor Town--great to see the island from a different perspective.

Our favorite restaurants are Sea Grass Grill, Michael Anthony's, Robert Irvine's Eat! (he has a few shows on the Food Network; they have 1/2 price Tapas one night a week), my personal favorite restaurant is Kenny B's. It's a little cajun restaurant tucked into a strip mall that serves great gumbo, authentic Po Boy's (with remoulade, not mayo) great hushpuppies, and other creole delights.

iheartdisney
02-10-2012, 08:18 PM
We love HHI and go as often as we can. Our two favorite places to eat are.....

1. Signe's Cafe and Bakery. Fresh, yummy food for breakfast or lunch. Sometimes I'll go there and get a bunch of her salads for a light salad supper back at our condo. Google her site for directions, hours and menu. She's tucked away and hidden but worth finding.

2. The Sea Shack. Also tucked away and hidden. But since you don't like seafood skip this one. I just included it for anyone else that might be looking for another hidden gem.

We also enjoy doing the dolphin cruise that takes off at Broad Creek Marina near the Disney Resort. I believe it's called Hilton Head Island Dolphin and Nature Tours. It's a little more expensive than the bigger tours but with a small group you learn a bit more.