PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake Towers or Wilderness Lodge

Pocahontas
01-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Heading back to WDW in October with my husband and college age daughter (who has never tired of Disney :thumbsup:). I've narrowed down our accommodations to a one bedroom suite at Bay Lake Towers (pullout couch in separate room for daughter) or 2 rooms at Wilderness Lodge. We have stayed at WL lodge before and loved it, but I would perfer a connecting room with my daughter, however I know there is no guarantee of that happening. We've never been to or stayed at Bay Lake Towers, but do like the idea of us all in the same room - still with a bit of privacy.

I would love any opinions.

VWL Mom
01-21-2012, 02:40 PM
There are also the Villas at Wilderness Lodge which have the one bedroom with sleeper sofa. During the summer we like to stay at Bay Lake but in the fall we prefer the lodge. Just has a warmer feel. On the other hand, BLT has the convenience of the monorail. I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

tdk316
01-21-2012, 09:05 PM
BLT hands down. Having stayed at both I love the ease of having a full kitchen and in-room laundry at BLT. We only pack three outfits no matter how long we're there just because of the laundry facilities. Love it! :cloud9:

PETE FROM NYC
01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
DW and I did a 1 BR at BLT 9/10 for 9 nites. Just us two, loved the kitchen and in room laundry. We went with less than half the clothes we normally bring. We ate bfst in room and packed lunch for the parks, saving mucho dinero to splurge on dinner.
You just can't beat the location.
We are booked for this September in a 2 BR with DWs side of the family.

disneykidsince1970
01-23-2012, 05:34 AM
I would go for something new! Great thing about BLT is the communal space in the suite. Not only can you save money by eating in room, packing lunches, etc....but the "in room" time - you are TOGETHER. and...if she is in college, perhaps this is valuable time that you don't get too much of?

We do an annual trip w/ my husband's sister's family and this is precisely why we go for a suite vs. more rooms - so that we get more time together... not just meeting in the hallway to walk to breakfast, etc.

Have a blast!

Pocahontas
01-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Thanks for all the advise! It does make sense to go with BLT.
'Togetherness' is important!:thumbsup: