PDA

View Full Version : The Poly People are Headin' South for the winter! Pre trip report!

mouseketeer mom
01-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Cast: Me, Lisa
DH-Steven
DD-Katie 17
DD-Khloe 15
DS-Kai 12

So it starts like this...
It was September and DH comes home from work. He's casually removing his suit jacket, and says "Ya wanna go back to DisneyWorld in January"
"Yes!" I cry! I do, I do!! But wait, we have a trip planned for Halloween already, ..would this cancel out our October trip?? This seems like alot of trips!!! Of course we're still going in October, he assures me, as we're all looking forward to it. Well, he goes on to explain that he must need to work in Jacksonville for three days January into February. He says we can't possibly be that close to WDW without going. So he says we should stay in WDW, and he will commute with a rental car back and forth to Jacksonville on those three days of working. I am both floored and estatic. We decide to keep this a surprise from the kids. We decide we will tell them on Christmas morning. So that meant 3 months of not telling. That meant getting through our October trip without slipping the news. That meant even though Katie was sobbing as she parted the gates of MK for the last time in October, we wouldn't tell, even though my heart broke and all I wanted to do was tell. Steve and I knew if we could actually pull off this surprise, it would be the ultimate one. And ...we did. We pulled off the surprise.!!!
Christmas morning came, and the kids opened all of their "Santa" gifts. We were in Vermont for Christmas holiday this year. The kids were happy and we started to think about breakfast.
Wait, I say..there's one more gift from Dad and I! Khloe immediately says "We're going somewhere, we're going to Disney"! Grrrr..I think, let me do this my way...
I bring out the red sparkly box. I place it on the floor between the kids. They lift the lid and find a Christmas Mickey beanie. Katie says "Can I have it?", and Khloe says that she knew it! We're going to Disney! Kai was just smiling the whole time. So we say Yes! We are going to Disney in one month!!! They flip, the excitement is insane. And Katie crys. She then worries..would we still go to WDW for her BD in April? We assure her we were. No one can believe it!!!
I did most of the planning solo, since the kids were not involved in knowing about the trip. We are going for one week, late Jan into Feb. We are staying Poly club level, lagoon side with an AP discount. We will have our traditional first night Ohana's, and our traditional last night Via Napoli. In between we have Le Cellier, Le Chefs, WCC, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Sci fi, Prime Time, Sanaa, and Tonys We also have Crystal Palace and Askerhus. Steve is working 3 of the 7 days. One of the days he is working we are doing the afternoon tea! Our fourth tea, we love this event, this time we're bringing Kai, his first tea! And he is oddly excited over this!!!! We are also doing the Wild Africa Trek on one of the days!!! So excited for this! This will be a wonderful experience to share with the kids.
I am grossly overpacked at this point! This winter Florida trip packing is leaving me stumped. I am a woman who likes choices and putting outfits together. Pretty impossible given the weather can really be any which way for us. I will fine tune it all next week, as the trip gets a bit closer.
We will also have a rental car again. We like this. We are also going to "check out" some neighborhoods we have researched. Not to move, but perhaps for a smaller, second home. Katie will be transferring to UCF in a year, this might work in our favor down the road for in state tuition rates and also a place for Katie to live and us to stay as well.
That's what we got! Thanks for reading!

buzznwoodysmom
01-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Wow Lisa, an extra trip inbetween the already planned Oct. and April trips, and looking at neighborhoods for a possible second home!!!! This is a very, very exciting trip. You've got tons of ADRs built in, you sure you guys will only be there for a week??? LOL. I hope you have a wonderful time and beautiful weather! Can't wait to hear all about it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-20-2012, 04:48 PM
sounds wonderful:mickey:

Auntie B
01-20-2012, 05:05 PM
How exciting! I would have been bursting to tell my family - what an excellent Christmas suprise!

ElenitaB
01-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Awesome!

Most of all, I can't wait to hear about your neighborhood investigations.

faline
01-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Wow!! And, best of all, it's almost time to leave on your trip!

cer
01-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Nice. :thumbsup:

dtootsie42
01-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Wow Lisa such a wonderful surprise. When exactly are you going to be there? Keith and I are going the first part of Feb. celebrating our 25th anniversary....not staying Poly club this time but decided to stay Grand Floridian club. Maybe our visits will over lap, would love to say hello. Dana :)

Christine
01-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Lisa I'm so excited you pulled it off!!

I'd love to meet you this trip of possible. And if you need any input on neighborhoods, lemme know! Look in celebration- there are great studios and garage apartments here (I'm talking crown moulding, granite countertops, etc...)
And it's steps from wdw- she'd love it!

mouseketeer mom
01-27-2012, 01:26 PM
We leave in the am! And Christine and Dana, PM me your cells, and I will PM you mine if you want to try to hook up!

yjgirl32
01-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Wahoo I love surprise trips. Have a great time and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

princessgirls
02-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Nice poly peeps!!! Very nice!!!

Enjoy!

Julie:mickey:

minnie-mouse
02-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Can't wait to hear all about it, I love the Poly!