PDA

View Full Version : Our Very Merry DISNEYmoon Celebration - FINAL THOUGHTS

brivers222
01-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Previously on OVMDC
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=188474

Final Thoughts:

We have decided that after our Family Reunion on my parents timeshare points that we would look into buying DVC (hopefully at the Gf if the price is decent).

TRAVEL:

All-Star Limo
This was my stepmother inlaws limo service she uses for work. They were amazing for our wedding day so I decided to have them Pick us up and drop us off round trip from our home to Detroit Metro. Made the trip a lot easier and we didn't have to bug our family members to take us and pick us up.

Delta
I was a bit skeptical of flying and fitting in the 17" seats given my pooh sized birth... but an upgrade to first class eased all my concerns. Now way back on my first report i mentioned only time would tell if flying was better than driving 19hours. Verdict was in... FLYING was way better. We both loved the 2-1/2 flight as opposed to driving in a cramped car for 19hours.

Alamo
They were hassle free all the way. We bought the LDW which added $300 onto our orginally low priced $100 premium rental. But that piece of mind was well worth it. Our Credit Cards and car insurance DID NOT cover loss of use and those other fees that Alamo would have definitely come after us for with our luck. It was nice to just pick out a car, not inspect for every ding and then drop it off with whatever dings were created while parked in the valet lots.

Resorts:

Polynesian
We had the perfect room at the Polynesian. Tahiti building and right across from the Magic Kingdom. What started out as an OOPS with two queen beds soon turned into the BEST DECISION EVER! we both loved sleeping on different beds as we could get a decent night sleep. Tahiti building is actually closer to the TTC than it is to the Great Ceremonial House. So we would walk to the TTC and take the monorail to the Ceremonial house if we ever went there. We barely heard anyone else in the building accept for the occasional water running. The elevator felt like it was going to break at any second...thankfully if it did, it waited until we left. Still love the lobby of the Polynesian though. The Xmas decorations were very subtle but perfect at the same time. Would we stay at this resort again...Maybe if they develope a DVC there we would use our points...but not out of pocket.

Boardwalk:
A vast change from the Polynesian and decided up immediatley that this was our favorite resort out of the two. Granted we had to stay at the Poly to realize it wasn't as "us" as we would have liked to think. Our room was a king bed overlooking the front entrance to boardwalk and the valet. The lobby smelled like ginger bread as the house and fireplace displace seemed to take center stage. There was way more xmas decorations up at this resort and overall it just had a much better. We never really did figure out the boat transporation all that well but in all honestly to me that is a last resort as it take forever to get anywhere via the friendship boats. as an example we just missed the boat leaving the BW dock to Hollywood Studios... we ended up walking the long route at a leisurly pace and never saw the boat once...even as we were walking up to security! Would we stay here again... Without a doubt. We travel at non-peak DVC times so it maybe easy to use our points here.

DINING:

What can I say, everyone was right. The Deluxe Dining Plan was a MASS AMOUNT OF FOOD! But i can't say I regret it because after tallying all the numbers up from what we got we saved about $445 from if we were to buy all out of pocket. Now granted we wouldn't be doing all the desserts and stuff so its falsly inflated. Looking at our future trips with DVC its obvious that the TIW card is the ONLY way to dine. Problem is for us Michiganders its not that economical to buy an Annual Pass (up until DVC opens their TIW option, this is the ONLY way for us to get it).

We dined at some many delicious places, I could just like to sum of the "Best ofs"

Best Romantic Restaurant: California Grill (window seat during wishes)

Best Character Interaction: Crystal palace

Best Princess Meal: Akershus

Best Buffet: Chef Mickey's

Best Family Style Breakfast: Ohana

Best Family Style Dinner: Ohana

Best Buffet Dinner: Boma

Best Ice Cream: Beaches and Cream

Best Mac n cheese: Yachtsman Steakhouse

Best Steakhouse (me): Yachtsman

Best Steakhouse (YO!): Narcoosee

Best 1TS meal: Les Chefs

Best CS meal: We both liked Casey's but we really didn't eat CS at all.

Honarable mentions... Le Cellier, 50's Prime Time, Sci-fi, Garden Grill, HDDMR, Cape May Cafe.

Worst meal for two trips running (and officially the straw that broke the ADR making back): Cinderella's Royal Rip off! we will never go there again. Akershus is less points and way better interaction.

THEME PARKS:

Magic Kingdom is still our favorite and we can not wait to see the new fantasyland expansion. Animal kingdom just doesn't keep our interest. I know its cool, i got to ride on EE twice in a row but I still don't feel the love. This is one park I wouldn't mind if it went away.

SPECIAL EVENTS:

A Special touch to our 1 month anniversary was the Sleigh Ride... complete with jingle bells! i would recommend this to any who is looking for something special to do during Xmas in WDW.

The Key to the Kingdom tour was nice, but after reading all the stuff on here and other sites you almost know everything about the behind the scenes that they tell you on the tour. Glad we went, but probably won't do it again.

While we attended 3 MVMCP and one was rained out I have to say that the MNSSHP are so much better. I really missed all the costumes from the guests and just the feel of halloween in the park. Granted the snow falling was pretty cool and you can't omit the Osborne lights, they were simply amazing!

With that said, we have decided (well moreso me) to plan an October 2012 trip back to the world to take in the MNSSHPs again and hopefully get on booked on halloween as a special treat. SO next up once hours are released and ADR window is opened is the 2012 YO!, Brandon and Aunt Sues PRE-TRIP REPORT :)

faline
01-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Will you be there for the Intercot meet in October?

brivers222
01-20-2012, 02:21 PM
I am pretty sure we will be. Right now if we don't do an RCI trade in to DVC we would be arriving offsite at the Fountains at 8:30pm on friday the 26th. If we trade into DVC we would be arriving around 2pm on the 27th.

If there isnt a Halloween party on that weekend we will surely be able to stop buy some festivities. In fact when the details come out that my dictate if we go with a MYW or a PH pass ;)

its funny at first i was super jealous of the LNMOPs once it was revealed it was about disney trip in oct 12.... .now its like super excited we will be there for it. I guess its true, we couldn't make other plans... WDW called us back

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the reports

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-20-2012, 03:32 PM
I guess its true, we couldn't make other plans... WDW called us back

Exactly! I'm glad you had such a great trip ... and will see you in October!

mouseketeer mom
01-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Maybe I will be there for the LMNOP event too! We had a blast on Halloween last year. Thanks again for all your reports!

CanadianWDWFan
01-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup: Glad you had a wonderful time!

As for the AP option, being from Ontario we are a little bit further away then you but we still swing the AP. How we do it is to plan two trips over the year. We bought last summer and are going again this year the week before our AP's expire. Just another thought for you.

brivers222
01-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup: Glad you had a wonderful time!

As for the AP option, being from Ontario we are a little bit further away then you but we still swing the AP. How we do it is to plan two trips over the year. We bought last summer and are going again this year the week before our AP's expire. Just another thought for you.

That would require Adrianne is on board for twice a year haha... Right now she only gets 2 weeks vacation so we can really only take 1 long trip and then several shorter ones near by. But in the future I would love to go once every 11months or so.

Right now our trips aren't working out in the 11 month window.. Like this next one is Oct then my family reunion is December. in 2014 we are buying DVC hopefully to which i think their discount would make it more affordable for one of us to get an AP.

I am thinking about buying a 6day PH from UT right now at $304.95 then use it in 2014 to upgrade to an AP... why the 6day? because right now its the best deal at $29 off gate prices. It will only get better in 2 years i would imagine haha.

brivers222
01-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Here is a link to the Disney Photo Pass pictures we took during our trip:

http://photobucket.com/DISNEYmoonPP

RedSoxFan
01-22-2012, 08:26 PM
I so enjoyed reading about your Disneymoon. Sounds like you both had a wonderful time. The pictures were great too. =o)

ColleenMcD
01-22-2012, 08:37 PM
It sounds (and looks) like a fabulous honeymoon!

And Congratulations!! May you be blessed with Many Happy Disney Years!

brivers222
01-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Thank you so much!

You know the pictures were kinda me playing around with my wedding present :)

brivers222
08-21-2012, 02:13 PM
wow reading back at these reports almost 8months later still bring back some awesome memories!