PDA

View Full Version : Desserts with counter service meals??

mom2morgan
01-19-2012, 07:57 PM
I know that it is mentioned that the DDP includes dessert with counter service meals. I can't recall (because I never looked, probably) seeing any desserts available AT counter service meals. What kinds of items do they include? I must admit I AM a big dessert person and love dessert with my TS meals, but can't quite picture having dessert with my slice of pizza or burger and fries....

TinkerbellT421
01-19-2012, 08:17 PM
It's been a couple years since we were on the Dinning Plan, but when we were, for counter services, there were rice crispies treats (in the shape of a mickey head) thats the more common desert item for the counter services, in fact that's the one I always got, no other deserts are coming to mind. One counter service had apple slices I remember getting. If I remember anymore I will post it if noone else has posted by then. :mickey:

ElenitaB
01-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Well, there's generally carrot cake, chocolate cake or cookies. A few standouts are the apple crisp from Columbia Harbour Hosue, key lime pie from Flametree BBQ, the mango pie from Yak & Yeti, the creme brulee at Wolfgang Puck. Earl of Sandwich has some interesting desserts too.

Julie_Mouse
01-19-2012, 08:32 PM
The counter service places that serve the generic burgers and fries and chicken strips generally offer rice krispy treats, as the PP said. Sometimes they also have brownies, or some kind of chocolate cake, which are usually pre-packaged and served in a little plastic cup.

There are some counter service meals though where you can actually get some really good desserts (I'm not a big fan of the brownies/chocolate cake offerings :secret:), like at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot (they have a really good strawberry shortcake). One of the CS in AK (maybe Flame Tree BBQ?) serves a key lime pie, I think, that is pretty good (although still pre-packaged). That said, I haven't been to WDW since 2010 so things may have changed since I was there! Hopefully someone will be along shortly to update us :mickey:

markfnc
01-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Choclate cake is great.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Exactly what other posters have said. The desserts aren't fabulous at CS meals, but they are a sweet end to the meal.

Mickey rice krispy treats are common, as are packaged cookies, cakes and maybe even some pudding/mousse. There really aren't lots of choices, so you're kinda stuck with what they have.

But, the chocolate brownie at Casey's is great!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-19-2012, 09:26 PM
They are hit and miss and by the way everybody the key lime pie at Flame Tree is now key lime mousse:( nowhere as good as the pie was...

Some of the better ones are creme brulee at Wolfgang Puck Express, fresh pastries at Starring Rolls and ice cream at most of the food courts and a few places in the parks.

magicofdisney
01-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Some of my favorite CS desserts are at Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion.

Many of the CS dessert offerings in World Showcase are unique.

The food courts at each resort probably have the most variety.

I don't remember rice crispy treats as an option all that often. Guess I'm eating at different places than those.

kcrc
01-20-2012, 07:01 AM
I agree with the one poster above that recommended the pastries from Starrring Rolls.

You can also get a sandwich from Main Street Bakery, and get one of their sweet offerings as dessert.

The other place we have tried and loved is the counter service in Norway. Any of the pastries/sweet pretzels in their counter were available for dessert.

Also, at Captain Cook's at the Poly, you can get a Dole Whip as your dessert. :thumbsup:

KatrinaJ91
01-20-2012, 11:49 AM
The desserts at the resort food courts are usually really good! Some offer ice cream, cakes, brownies, fruit, cookies, etc....the tie-dye cheesecake at Pop Century is awesome!

mom2morgan
01-20-2012, 12:02 PM
I think I might use some of those credits just to get the Mickey Rice Krispie treats and take them home for family!

wickedgin
01-20-2012, 01:18 PM
At most of the park CS places we ate at 2 weeks ago, our choices were carrot cake or chocolate cake. At Pinocchio's, there was mango gelato or chocolate gelato.
Food courts have better options.

shortcake311
01-21-2012, 10:32 PM
I agree with Katrina! Pop's cheesecake is amazing. It's a red velvet bottom then TD color cheesecake. So yummy. :D

mom2morgan
01-22-2012, 12:49 PM
I agree with Katrina! Pop's cheesecake is amazing. It's a red velvet bottom then TD color cheesecake. So yummy. :D

LOL - we've heard so much about it, that my younger DD and I are already planning to park hop just to check out POP (we've never seen it) and have the cheesecake ;-)

shortcake311
01-25-2012, 07:53 PM
LOL - we've heard so much about it, that my younger DD and I are already planning to park hop just to check out POP (we've never seen it) and have the cheesecake ;-)

Enjoy the view and food. It's really fun to walk around the property and see all the signs from years passed. You will NOT be disappointed! :mickey:

Kairi_7378
01-28-2012, 09:18 AM
At some of the CS places I was able to get yogurt as a dessert (which we gave DS to eat.)

dmallan
01-28-2012, 06:59 PM
We chose our counter service meals based on the dessert offerings, as we're not crazy about the pre-packaged chocolate or carrot cake. In Epcot there are some good choices with Sunshine Seasons, Norway's Kringla Bakery and the Boulangerie Patisserie in France. Lots of great choices for desserts!
In DHS we chose Starring Rolls. They have some outstanding cupcakes, including the red velvet cheesecake cupcake.
Main Street Bakery was our choice for MK.
And, as someone mentioned, the counter service restaurants at the resorts offer various pastries and ice cream treats.

LudwigVonDrake
01-29-2012, 03:11 PM
I had Key Lime pie from the Flame Tree :tasty:

PETE FROM NYC
01-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Don't remember where, but some CS places have a sugar free brownie, which is great for me being diabetic.

disneydeb
01-29-2012, 09:57 PM
The sugar free brownie is pretty good. Don't forget the tye-died cheesecake at Pop Century!

Figment104
01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
My DH really liked the red bean ice cream (I think thus is what it was) at the China pavilion. I think they also had some sort of green tea ice cream. Definitely different.