PDA

View Full Version : Disney Pixar's Brave

ColleenMcD
01-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Have been seeing the previews for this movie saying it will be released in Summer 2012. Last time I was in Disney, Hercules was about to be released and all of the Disney Resort Guests were invited to FWC for a preview screening...we didn't get to go as it happened the night before we checked in.

Do they still do stuff like this?? I'm excited for a new movie - one can only watch Toy Story 3 so many times before losing her MIND - and just wonder what type of merchandising we can expect in the parks?

Figment!
01-24-2012, 10:51 PM
I believe the AMC movie theater in Downtown Disney has done some special premiers for recent Disney movies.

There haven't been many rumours about Brave merchandise in the parks, but it is rumoured that Princess Merida will have Character Meet & Greets at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

azcavalier
01-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Honestly, this last trip, I was surprised at how little merchandise there was in the parks for Tangled, especially for how well it did and how popular Rapunzel is. Our DD6 saved her money looking for Flynn Rider or Maximus toys....nothing. Not *one* thing, anywhere. They had some Rapunzel dolls at Once Upon A Toy at DTD, but that was it. I expected a lot more.

EeyoresBestFriend
01-26-2012, 11:21 PM
I found the same thing with the Princess & the Frog and the latest Cars installment. I am alittle taken aback that they aren't on top of merchandising to catch those dollars while hot! Especially Mater for adults! :confused:

ColleenMcD
01-27-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm just hoping that Merida is finally the princess my Tomboy daughter will identify with!

DizneyRox
01-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Honestly, this last trip, I was surprised at how little merchandise there was in the parks for Tangled, especially for how well it did and how popular Rapunzel is. Our DD6 saved her money looking for Flynn Rider or Maximus toys....nothing. Not *one* thing, anywhere. They had some Rapunzel dolls at Once Upon A Toy at DTD, but that was it. I expected a lot more.
From what I understand, they can't keep it on the shelves, that's why there's none. It's VERY popular and Disney can't keep up with demand.