PDA

View Full Version : Parking lot questions?????

mrs.jacksparrow
01-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Hello,

How can I park near the magic kingdom and get to Wilderness lodge for a 8:00 am breakfast reservation????? I do not want to park at the hotel for the alloted 3 hours and then have to move the car. What we want to do is Park once and take the water taxi over to MK.

Can someone please help with this???

Thank you!!!!!!!

Scar
01-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Personally, I would park at the Ticket &Transportation Center and walk over to Wilderness Lodge. It's an easy 1/2 mile walk. If you don't want to walk, you can monorail or ferry from the TTC to the MK and then boat over to the WL.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-19-2012, 10:26 AM
I know this isn't what you really want to do, but for an 8am breakfast, I would move the car.

I would drive to WL, enjoy my breakfast and then slip over to the TTC with the car.

Anything else, although very possible is going to take a bit of time early in the morning, and depending on when the park opens, transportation for the day might just be ramping up.

mrs.jacksparrow
01-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi SCAR....is the route very direct and easy to find to wlak over there??? I've only been at the TT area once or twice and I remember it being vast and had no idea it was so close to the WW (in fact one time we waited there for a while and were staying at WL if I knew it was so close I would have walked!!! LOL)

Scar
01-19-2012, 11:35 AM
My best advice is to go to Google Earth and check it out yourself (and have fun checking out the rest of WDW, great views.) Basically, walking from the trams, keep right of the monorail and follow the road. The road crosses World Drive and leads right into the WL parking lot.

Polynesian Dweller
01-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Keep in mind that the roadways to WL from TTC have no sidewalks and are very busy. Not much walking space along Seven Seas Dr. And although there is a light at Floridian Way there is no crosswalk. Frankly it is not a safe or recommended route. I know Scar likes it but it really isn't advisable. The roadway simply isn't designed for people.

Scar
01-19-2012, 06:57 PM
The roadway simply isn't designed for people.Agreed... but the grass is. ;)

Wayne
01-19-2012, 09:18 PM
If it were me, I would drive to WL then move the car to the TTC after breakfast. You don't mention how many are in your party, but one person could drive the car to the TTC while the rest take the boat to the MK.

mrs.jacksparrow
01-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Thank you all! I think that last suggestion might be best....I just love the ride from the lodge it is a great way to ENTER the MK. So I'll be the one to drive. There is another mom and two boys. We will just meet at the gate. A little scary but it may work. Or if the Gods are with us.....Crystal palace will open up a reservation sometime between now and then for breakfast. then problem really solved since that was our first idea!
:mickey: