PDA

View Full Version : Staying at Lodge skipping theme parks?

TinaAndGlenn
01-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Trying to finalize plans for our trip celebrating 25th anniversary. Staying on the beach for 4 nights & thinking of staying at the WL for 2 nights but skipping the parks. Does this sound weird to anyone? I almost feel guilty not going!

WDWCrazyKaren
01-19-2012, 08:19 AM
That doesn't sound crazy! I'm not sure that I could do it, but when you think about it, there are so many places to see and go that DON'T involve a park. You can go to Downtown Disney, you can bus it to the TTC and hop a monorail and go resort hopping, have a few great meals. Go play some miniature golf, hang at the pool. You could hop to another resort and go to a different pool bar for a nice evening out, head to POR and listen to Bob. Stroll the Boardwalk...heck, so many things to do without going to a park. You might even have the option of simply relaxing!!!

Auntie B
01-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Not wierd at all - sounds wonderful to me! Congrats on 25 years! There are so many fun things to do that do not involve being at one of the parks - have a great time!

ThanxForNoticin
01-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Not crazy at all. It sounds great. There are so many things to do outside of the parks, and so many terrific restaurants you can still enjoy. It's a great time to do some of those small things you might have been wanting to do - but haven't because you've been too busy in the parks!!

TinaAndGlenn
01-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas! Hoping the weather will cooperate this year-last March was a MONSOON!!!